icon

07 caliber problem ultrastart 1270t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
enihcamxes4you 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  

i hope someone can help me, i have installed a ultra start 1270t in dodge caliber 2007. all went well the car remote starts then dies after about 15 seconds. this is how i have it wired,

12v + goin to the RED / orange wire

starter + going to pink/lt. blue

second starter -   and accessory - are tied in with relays  wired like follows

my 2nd accessory wire on my remote start + into #86 on relay, 87 going to ground with a 610 resistor. i have 85 going to ground 87a going to key side on pur/brn and 30 on the other side

i tapped into the starter + output wire from the brain and tied it into 86,.   ground with 180 resister and 85 ground as well.  and 30 tapped into the pur/brn wire beyond where i cut.    refer directfax documents 1084 on the directechs website.

i promgrammed the pill, for sentry key and was successful.      

im sure it would be easier if i had a remote start unti that had acc and start neg output.. but what ya gonna do.

anyideas? 

Lenny Jenkins
MECP First Class Installer
6 years
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2006 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like Sentry key problem to me. Have you tried remote starting with pill removed and key in ignition?
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2006 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
there is no rs with - acc. i install ultra starts all the time, great units with tons of features. 15sec is too long for the key to shut it off. i bet ur running it tachless. warm the car up then tach learn if it dosent catch run the tach wire...
enihcamxes4you 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
yes i have tried with the key in pill out.. still problem..  i got it . one of my resistors was reading wrogn after i was connected. i replaced it and it works.. as for as the - acc output.    the higher end DEI product all the - outputs for the starter and acc.    those resistors need to be dead on or it will give problems like i had. thanks
Lenny Jenkins
MECP First Class Installer
6 years
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  

Your wiring will work but I would use the ground while running or status output for 85 of your relays instead of just grounding them. If you dont the relays are energizing with the key also and if you had a resistor go bad or connection the vehicle will not start with the key.

splaudio 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  

yea and all the outputs for door lock,trunk,dome supervision and everything are .250ma and need a relay. simply relay u can flip polarity. ultra stomps dei in features.

Big Dog 
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  
hey splaudio, ultra stomps dei in features? Maybe you missed the part when he said "im sure it would be easier if i had a remote start unit that had acc and start neg output.. "
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged  

AST is last in line on features, stock up on relays if your installing them07 caliber problem ultrastart 1270t -- posted image..

Big Dog 
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  

Was there something lost in translation?

You said "my 2nd accessory wire on my remote start + into #86 on relay, 87 going to ground with a 610 resistor. i have 85 going to ground 87a going to key side on pur/brn and 30 on the other side

i tapped into the starter + output wire from the brain and tied it into 86,.   ground with 180 resister and 85 ground as well.  and 30 tapped into the pur/brn wire beyond where i cut."

Here's what you describe:07 caliber problem ultrastart 1270t -- posted image.

It should be:

07 caliber problem ultrastart 1270t -- posted image.

splaudio 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
have any of u guys installed a basic 1270? and if ya want to step up a notch u can get one with built in starter kill.  like the starter and alarms lets drill a hole in there dash for a led and a hole in the under dash for a little button,lol. i am not the only one i know of ,2 other shops that stopped installing  DEI for Ultra i know of. lets talk range too oh thats right the basic 1270 has 1200' what is DEI's?highend ultra has 6000' . i do use dei for there wire sheets and info they do have the best support no doubt!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic