the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

99 F150 Alarm, Remote Start, Locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  
switching 87 and 30 will do nothing......what the suggestion is to do , is turn your NEG(-) door trigger into a POS(+). SOOOOOOO put 87 to 12volts NOT ground. And then find the POS(+) door trigger input on your alarm, connect this to pin 30.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
you need to use diodes to prevent back flow into your triggers input.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
brian_mcenulty 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1999 F150. And is there someway to make the neg. door pin trigger work with the relay? I'd rather not have to dissassemble everything to get to the positive wire.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  

I don't understand what good switching it to positive would do. The way you show the relay wired should work fine. I take it you connected the BLACK / YELLOW and BLACK/ pink together using diodes to isolate them? If you just used the BLACK/ blue positive dome light wire for both doors you would have to deal with any of this. It would be just a simple single connection to the alarm.

I would suggest that first, but if you wanted to stay with the individual door triggers you need to cut the wires at the BCM and install diodes on the BCM side to prevent backfeed from it.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
brian_mcenulty 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
Well if I can use that setup just using the BLACK/ blue wire I'll just go ahead and do that. right now I have a wire coming from the BLACK/ pink wire on my passenger side to the relay I have at the driver's kick panel and connected to the BLACK / YELLOW. I'll give the BLACK/ blue a shot and see how that works
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
Connect the BLACK/ blue directly to the positive alarm trigger. If you have any dome light delay now on the truck you will need to program your alarm to compensate for it....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
brian_mcenulty 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
Well I finally connected my keyless entry part of my APS996a to my F150 and it seemed to work but only my driver's side door gets locked or unlocked. I have the 2 relays set up for the 5 wire setup on the driver's side with the appropriate wires from the alarm going to it. When I lock the doors using the remote the driver side will lock but not the passenger. And immediately after that if I try to unlock it neither will unlock. Last night it was working just fine and now it's not.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic