icon

99 F150 Alarm, Remote Start, Locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2006 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
not sure about these wires but dont use this as im about to tell you another wire.
brian_mcenulty wrote:
Also the remote start unit has 2 wires for a bypass, a red and black but i don't know how this connects to the 2 wires for the bypass itself
from your previous post, you have blue wire and red wire. take blue wire (-) and connect it to 3rd ign from your main harness, the harness w/ bunch of wires (~20 wires). red wire to fused +12v.
for programming, please read your install manual couple of times if this is your first time, word by word. must need two master key.
555f pellet can be very sensitive during cold season for northerners. if you have trouble w/ using 555f or having trouble gettin two keys, use
PKF1
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
brian_mcenulty 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2006 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks a lot! I'll do this right after work
brian_mcenulty 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2006 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  
I recently put in a set of aftermarket lock actuators after my stock ones died on me. They work ok for the most part, not as good as the stockers but they'll do. I wired them up with the same 2 wires that came off of my stock ones and connected them up to the 2 wires from the new ones. The problem is that they unlock and lock fine but if I manually press down the lock to lock it and I use the switch to unlock it it won't unlock, it just stays put. I have to lock it using the switch which locks the other door and then when I unlock it they both go up just fine. What did I do wrong to make it do this and is there any way to fix it? Thank you!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 27, 2006 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
Aftermarket actuators on a factory keyless...? That could be a problem. Did you use 2 wire actuators, or 5?
brian_mcenulty 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2006 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
I didn't have factory keyless entry, at the time I put them in I did have an aftermarket keyless entry though. And they are 2 wire
brian_mcenulty 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2006 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a way to wire the actuators with some relays to gain back the functionality of them and so I can also tie them into my remote start/keyless entry (Audiovox APS996a). My truck is a 1999 F150 by the way
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2006 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
yeah you can wire them w/ two relays, reverse polarity. check in BASICS>RELAYS section.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
brian_mcenulty 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2006 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
I took a look at that page and wired them up using the 5 wire Positive door lock setup. My stock wiring is 2 wires that go to the actuator, both are positive when switched on by the switch one for lock and the other for unlock. I tried that 5 wire setup with the 2 relays and the locks work but I still have the same issue where if I manually lock one of the doors I can't unlock it without first locking using the switch then I can unlock it. Can I use a different setup on that page to make it work? Thanks
brian_mcenulty 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2006 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  

Anyone have any suggestions?

brian_mcenulty 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2006 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
I've been trying to figure out a way to wire up the lock/unlock feature of my remote starter (Audiovox APS996a) to the aftermarket actuators of my 1999 F150 without any success. I know that the stock setup for my truck is a 5 wire system. I changed my actuators because the stock ones died with aftermarket ones from www.partsexpress.com. The stock actuators had 2 wires coming from them, a lock and unlock wire which mated right up to the 2 wires of the aftermarket ones. Now with that said, how do I connect the 3 wires of my alarm into the door locks? Thanks
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic