icon

04 grand am, add on remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
actypes 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
hope you got it working, and from my experience when doing an addon system you need to hook up the activation wire to the lock motor wire.   Most systems require a positive double pulse, or in your case, 3 pulses.  In an 04 GrandAm the lock wire of the car controls both lock and unlock.  This is controlled through 2 specific resistances (using resistors).  Lock is a straight negative trigger and unlock i believe is a negative pulse through a 1.5K ohm resistor.  Hence, you cannot use this wire to activate a remote starter.   Now, to 'learn' you on the lock motor.  In the GrandAm everything is controlled through databus. (that purple wire in the ODBII connector)  So its alittle different than your normal Honda or Toyota.  BUt anyways, when you press the lock button on the door it sends a pulse to the lock motor of the car whichs locks the doors.  But like mentioned above will only show ground (the test light may get brighter/duller when you press the button - thats the different resistance).  Or if using a DMM the voltage will go to striaght ground or a lesser voltage.  This will not show a positive pulse on the lock motor wire when just pressing the unlock button..  But!!!! If you press the lock button on the factory key FOB that positive pulse your looking for will show up on that lock motor wire, hence remote starting the car.   phhheewwww that was a mouthfull, but hopefully that helps you out.  So just find that gray wire in the drivers kick and test it by pressing the lock button on the factory remote.  Good luck
actypes 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  

ahh, i didnt read that theres a negative activation wire on the remote start.  But even still, that lock/unlock wire is going to rest at ground most likely so it might not work properly.  If there is no positive activation wire you'll need to use a relay on the lock motor wire in order to turn the positive into a negative.

wil3404 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
Almost have it working. Can someone help me figure out how to change the vehicle type on this GBDLPB. IT is stuck on default one and i need it on 2. All it wants to do is change the options menu. I also cannot get my factory remote to do anthing during programming. ANy tips? I need to have this running before 4 to go to inlaws for diner.04 grand am, add on remote start - Page 3 -- posted image.
Barnsy
wil3404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
The crimestopper unit itself seems to be working. I turn key on and it beeps/flashes 4 times and is ready for remote program, but remote is not cooperating. If I turn key on and press program button 5 times it flashes and beeps f5 times and is ready to program the optional 22 options. This is it. I cannot get the GMDLBP or the REMOTE to work. ANy advice?  I hooked the white wire up to the green trigger. It was the only wire that moved the meter when the locks were triggered. I do believe though that it may have been around a 12v feed. Does this sound plausible?
Barnsy
actypes 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
the white wire will not work, thats why its NOT programming most likely.. Does the programming require you to press the factory remote lock button?   You need to use the positive activation off of the remote starter or use a relay to use the negative activation..
actypes 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
if anything just tap the negative activation wire to ground to program the features..  if it that works then you need to do what i said above
wil3404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
Yes during the remote part of the programming it says to "turn on the key press the program button 4 times and they push the lock button on the remote and presto the car should beep 2 or 3 times to show it took but nothing is happening.
Barnsy
wil3404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
so take the green wire and hook it to ground then try to program the remote?  Why will white wire not work?    One more question before I head back out to the garage. Do you have any ideas how to get this GMPDBP off of type 1 platform and over to type 2. ( my idea is a BFH, aka Big Freakin Hammer 04 grand am, add on remote start - Page 3 -- posted image.   No I know that wont get me anywhere but aver 6 hrs I'm getting a little edgy. thanks again.
Barnsy
actypes 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
when your supposed to press the lock button on the remote, tap it to ground instead
wil3404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
oh so I wont actually be pushing the button at all? Will this program the remote?
Barnsy
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic