icon

1992 Acura Integra GS Door Trigger Wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slammedteg91 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 6:46 AM / IP Logged  
Its your door switch things, they are probably rusted out and don't work.  I have a 91 Integra RS and my passenger one was also bad.
-91 Acura Integra RS 5-speed hatch
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with checking the fuzes.
I also agree with checking the door switches. Mine went bad too. I took them off, cleaned them up, and they worked fine again.
opoinfect 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
Ya I tested my cig lighter tonight and it works just fine. So I'll take a look at my door switches like you guys are sayin, with some good lighting tho, at first glance tho they do look in decent shape but i'll def take em off and take a look. As far as it being a fuse goes, I have mitchell on demand 5 on my computer and looking at the fuse diagrams for the driver kick panel and under the hood there doesn't seem to be one that has anything to do with interior lights or door chimes or anything so i'm leaning towards it being some bad stupid little door switches lol. thx for the help guys i'll let ya know what happens :)
opoinfect 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, so the issue grows EVEN deeper..... I just cleaned my driver side door switch tingiemebobber, and still no door chimes or dome lights. What else could it be? damn
opoinfect 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
by the way when i cleaned the door switch thing, the contacts already looked really clean, and the wire connection is still solid.
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2007 at 6:42 AM / IP Logged  
I know you said you looked at the diagrams for the fuse panel on Mitchell OnDemand5, but have you still looked at the fuzes in the driver's panel? I mean physically pulled and looked at each one? You never know, one of them could be blown in there, and affect more than one thing. Is there anything else in your car that isn't working that you can notice? Radio, high beams, panel lights? I know I'm stretching here, but just trying to knock everything out.
opoinfect 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2007 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
Everything else works, its just my door chimes and automatic dome light that don't work. I haven't got a chance to actually check the fuses yet, but I'm going to be checking them tomorrow for sure, I'll let you guys know how that turns out.
opoinfect 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2007 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  

Okay I checked them, there is one spot on the diagram that mentions interior lights, it looks like this:

it says 15A on the side then it lists like this Clock

Interior Light
                                                                              Cigarette Lighter

And when I pulled the fuse and checked the connection it looked 100% fine, which I wasn't surprised that it did because my clock and cigarette lighter work fine. The automatic light in my trunk works fine too. Its just my door chimes and dome light that aren't working, what else could it be? HELP ahhhhhhhhh i'm losing my mind lol

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2007 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
your door chime unhooked? your door chime might be tied together w/ the domelight.
i remember the 94+ tegs' chime is at the removable panel below steering.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2007 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
Hmmm...does this help at all? From the '92 Helms...
B17_1.jpg
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic