the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 791xv, Viper 5900, Sebring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
Find the side of the light that triggers POS(+)....tie your hood pin into this using a relay to convert polarity.
jayno20 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:
Find the side of the light that triggers POS(+)....tie your hood pin into this using a relay to convert polarity.
is that the only way? i was under the impression i could just tie the trunk wire into either the negative or positive of the wire for the light in the trunk?
and one other thing when i arm my car the windows are still venting, it seems to do it most when the car is cold. Does anyone know why it might be doing this?
jayno20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
sometimes it will put the windows the whole way down too.. could it do this if the module got wet? cause it doesnt seem to do it all the time and if it had something to do with the wiring wouldn't it do it repeatedly?
jayno20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
I guess my installer locked it the other day i was there, i cant tell for sure tho, i cant seem to get into the learn routine menu's, but instead of it going there, the siren wails once then the LED comes on constant like i just entered valet mode. Is it supposed to do that instead of taking me into the learn routine if its been locked?
jayno20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2007 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, my installer didnt hook up starterkill/antigrind, I am thinking about taking it back to them to get them to hook that up, is there usually a lot of problems with this? they told me originally that there is.. also what all is needed to hook it up and how long should it take?
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2007 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
it's a good feature for long-term use. i'd recommend that feature being installed, very simple procedure. takes no more than a min.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
jayno20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2007 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
ok what all do they need? is the antigrind wire the same wire as used for starter kill? in other words is it just one wire they have to hook up?
jayno20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2007 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
In my car with the viper 5900 i have it set so the locks lock after the ignition is turned on and unlock when turned off... is there anyway to make them lock when the shifter is taken out of park and unlock when it is put back into park?
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 06, 2007 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  

You would first need to figure out if the car has any sort of electrical switch on the 'park' position of the shifter.  If it does, you can run the ignition wire from the alarm to that switch, instead of to the ignition of the car.

This could have all sorts of side effects, but it will be the only way to do what you want to do.

Kevin Pierson
jayno20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2007 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
I wanted to get a module for my sunroof, but i need info on how to hook it up, and if its possible without messing up my sunroof motor... would it be better to go with a 529T or a 530? and what color are the wires i'd need to tap in to?
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic