icon

Adding a pager and tilt sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
martiale 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  

My car alarm is OEM BMW made by Alpine, it has a build in glass sensor,  i added Alpine 8327 shock sensor and now want to add a tilt sensor. Since evrything in this alarm is made by Alpine i want to have Alpine tilt sensor as well. Now the problem is that Alpine does no longer make alarms. What Alpine tilt sensor model is good for my case, how and where can i get one.

'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  
You'll just have to keep an eye out on a place like e-bay.Someone might be getting rid of an old system and you might luck out..
"ole blake"
martiale 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  

It will help me a lot if i know Alpine tilt sensor model numbers.

'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
martiale 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  

Can a 4 wire sensor be mounted on oem alarm that requires only 3 wires (power, groung and output)? This sensor has 4 wires:1-battery input, 2-ground, 3-sensor output, 4-sensor control. What sensor control does or can it just be ignored? I have a oem BMW alarm made by Alpine, it has a build in glass sensor. The tilt motion sensor i'm asking about is Alpine 8322 model that is an old item and it prevents car jacking-tilting, don't know much more about this. Anyone has more info on this?

'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
Custom_Jim 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  

I have computer upgrades going on right now but this is where I'm at with your question. I looked over the weekend and was unable to find a wiring diagram but I did bench check the older first generation style sensor.  Your's 'may" have the same wiring and I'm leaning towards it does as Alpine was pretty consistent with wiring codes.

The yellow wire is a constant 12V (0.01A current draw), black is chassis ground, gray is negative trigger output, and the gray with blue tracer is the solenoid set wire. The solenoid set wire gets a pulsed 12V input to it to set the sensor. The older Alpine system used one pulse on that wire to set the sensor and then a second pulse to fine tune the sensor levels setting so it was more level than after it was from the first pulse. I tested the sensor I had and this sensor does require the double pulse or a single pulse to set it. If the sensor dows not get the set pulse the sensor my be set on an angle that the car is not on and it may trigger from a slight tilt instead of a larger one. It's possible to hook the solenoid set wire to the parking light flash output but I would also add a diode inline.

If all else fails, wire yours up temporarily and see how it works and then try pulsing the solenoid trigger wire to see if it makes any difference in it's sensitivity.

Jim

1968 Chevy II Nova Garage Find 2012
1973 Nova Custom
1974 Spirit of America Nova
1973 Nova Pro-Street
martiale 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  

Is there a way to test the functionality of  DEI 507M tilt sensor with a voltmeter, or other way before it is permanently mounted to my OEM BMW alarm. This sensor has 3 wires: +, - and sensor output.

'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
jasondavis05 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  

Use a multimeter, ground the (-) of the 507M give the (+) 12v ground the (-) of the meter and put the (+) on the sensor output. You should be able to hear a beep when the sensor is tipped.

martiale 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
What function should i set the multimeter? volts, amps, ohms ?
'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
jasondavis05 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  

You might be able to use DC volts, it depends on how sensitive your multimeter is. You would be better off using the continuity function. It should have an icon that looks like a sound wave and when you touch the (+) and (-) together you should here a beep.

martiale 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2006 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
jasondavis05 wrote:

You might be able to use DC volts, it depends on how sensitive your multimeter is. You would be better off using the continuity function. It should have an icon that looks like a sound wave and when you touch the (+) and (-) together you should here a beep.

Yes, it did work, now i have to find more info or a web link in order to do a quality instal so my OEM alarm will have an extra feature.

'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic