icon

Adding a pager and tilt sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jasondavis05 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2006 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
What do you mean?? You can use this site.
martiale 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2006 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
I have BMW OEM alarm and want to know if there is anything available so when the alarm triggers it will alert or page the owner. The owner at the same time alarm goes off, will be aware of this.
'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
Custom_Jim 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2006 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  

I've used models similiar to the DEI 795T before in support vehicles at the drag strip so if the driver or someone was out on the track grounds we could activate the pager and they knew to come back to the trailer for something. The units used to have positive or negative triggers on them and the pager could be set to vibrate or make noise and it had 2 or 3 LED's on it to let you know if it was a door that got opened, the hood, or a sensor as well as a mode for pressing one of the dash control buttons with the kit. They used to go through the factory mast antenna systems like an FM modulator but the opposite way and they may have changed to their own stand alone antenna system.

Jim

1968 Chevy II Nova Garage Find 2012
1973 Nova Custom
1974 Spirit of America Nova
1973 Nova Pro-Street
Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
DEI have just released the CallGuard unit here in the uk. It's a GSM pager which sends text messages to your mobile phone if your alarm goes off. These can be used with factory alarms.
martiale 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  

My OEM alarm detects glass breakage and shock blows, what i need to add to this is: 1.Tilt detection  2.Pager or signal device that will tell me the alarm has been activated 3.Alarm siren sound delay for up to 1.5 minute so  I have some extra time to reach to the car location before siren even starts to sound. In other words i want to catch the person who activated the alarm. 

I would need more info on call guard features... think will go with adding DEI 795W or T, need to know what is the difference between the 795T and 795W. My OEM alarm has built in glass sensor and already added shock sensor, it performs very well. In addition to DEI 795 i want to add DEI 507M tilt sensor and DEI 528T pulse timer. Will i be able to delay the alarm siren activation with DEI 528T? I think this will take me some time to have a clear picture on how to do it and will depend how quickly the information will be provided to me from members on this board. 

It is all up to your will and time availability to provide me with info how to do this.

'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
Custom_Jim 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  

Adding a delay timer to the siren would work to allow it not to sound for a certain amount of time but does your system also flash the parking lights when tripped and would you want those also to be on a delay ?. If so I would think you could add a second timer or with one timer use either the parking light output or the siren output and then branched off out of the timer to both the siren and the parking lights so they both work.

Jim

1973 Nova Custom
1973 Nova Pro-Street
martiale 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  

You are right, the turn signal lights are activated as well, will it be safe to use one timer only, for lights and siren? I just found some info on another pager made by Alpine, it is 8205. Any feedback on this pager, can it be wired with my OEM BMW alarm (this alarm is made by Alpine too) is it any good compared to DEI ???

'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
Custom_Jim 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  

You could do it a couple of ways. First would be to use the siren output to the timer delay and then out of this to two relays with those being fused seperately so that should a parking light or something else in that circuit become shorted it would blow that fuse but the siren would work or visa/versa. The other option would be to use the parking light wire instead of the siren output wire.

Jim

1973 Nova Custom
1973 Nova Pro-Street
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
You could add a delay circuit that would be triggered by your siren or light, controlling two relays that you use to switch the siren and light outputs from your alarm.
How long is the period that your alarm resets after it triggers? If you don't have a way to extend the time that it sounds off, it may not sound for very long after the delay period.
If you want to catch them in the act, may as well just put a switch on the lights and siren so they don't go off at all until you can sneak up on them- when you know you'll be out of monitoring range and have to leave the car, switch it back on.
If you're inclined, you can build your own delay circuit from this post- delay timer; just change the value of the resistor and cap to extend the delay time to whatever you need.
martiale 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  

I believe the siren and lights will signal for about 1 minute and if i do a 45 sec delay it will only soung for a short 15 sec... The idea of adding a switch(es) that will turn the siren and lights on-off is something i might go with. I am again confused on pager choices, i need a pager with a long range, my car is parked indoor and i am about 200 yards away and indoor as well. So is it DEI, Alpine or something else that will be the best for this. DEI claims up to 1 mile for 795 pager, some say: "Yep, I got one, installed it and its a waste of money. The thing only works 20ft away and triggers everything ur siren goes off (that means when you one and close the car). So I pretty much stopped using it and turned it off." I hear others talking good about Alpine pagers... need more info from this board on pager selection.

'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic