icon

Adding a pager and tilt sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
martiale 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2006 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
How to find if the sensor or wire has + or - trigger?
'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2006 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
use a test light or DMM to figure out.
first time installing an alarm?
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
martiale 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2006 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  

Well, i did install myself the OEM BMW alarm, it was pretty much plug'n'play since my car was pre wired. I took my time and it came very good. Also i added the Alpine shock sensor as the OEM alarm came with only build in glass break sensor. Now i have glass and shock protection. Want to add the toilt sensor and a long range pager as well. This might be a little more complicated. I still have to decide which pager to go with, there are not many long range that are compatible with OEM alarms. I don't want to install complete new aftermarket alarm just for having a pager, preffer just adding a pager to this OEM alarm which is made by Alpine for BMW. I have a DMM and wanted to confirm the right way to identify + and - triggers.

'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
martiale 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2006 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  

Want to wire DEI 795T pager to OEM BMW alarm which is made by Alpine for BMW. This alarm has bult in glass break sensor and I have added Aline shock sensor as well. DEI pager has 10 wires, it is clear how to wire some of them but the question is do i have to connect all 10 wires in order to make it work?

'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 29, 2006 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
Here's the install manual in case you need it : https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=570
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
martiale 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2006 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
I think red, black, orange, brown wires have to be connected. what about other wires, do i have ti connect them in order to make it work properly.
'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 29, 2006 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  

Red, black, orange will activate it.

Blue, gray, violet, green are you trigger inputs. Use as few or all if you need.

Use brown only if the security system doesn't have a "ground when armed" or negative starter kill output.

If your car has an electric or electronic antenna then connect the white wire to activate the latter when there is an alert sent by the pager.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
martiale 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2006 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  

Almost there...

(Red, black, orange will activate it.) 1. It will activate but it still does not make the pager to beep, right?

(Blue, gray, violet, green are you trigger inputs. Use as few or all if you need.)  2. I have to use 1 at least, right?

Use brown only if the security system doesn't have a "ground when armed" or negative starter kill output. 3. I will have to post the BMW alarm scetch, not sure if i have "ground when armed" or this is called with different name(s) as well.

(If your car has an electric or electronic antenna then connect the white wire to activate the latter when there is an alert sent by the pager.) All clear on this, i have no motorized antenna. But why there are 2 wires for this?

'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
martiale 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

Dual radar sensor DEI 508D has 4 wires (red, black, green, blue), want to mount this and i think the center of the vehickle is a good location. I don't want to link this sensor with the alarm brain (no siren or lights when this sensor activates), it will be linked with the alarm pager DEi 795T only. My question is will this work that way and regrading green, blue wires that are triggers for inner and outer zones.

1.The inner zone wire will trigger (will give ground output) for 1 second - is this enought to activate the 795T pager?

2.The outer zone wire will trigger (will give ground output) for 1/2 second - is this enought to activate the 795T pager?

'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 01, 2007 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  

Your gonna HATE that thing...I promise. When the weather changes....so will the sensativity. Do you live in a part of the US that has all 4 seasons....it will be worse then. Your remote will be going off for NO reason. I do not know any of the particulars on the DEI peice, but I do know about a microwave sensor.....they suck.

Remeber folks.....just my opinion.Adding a pager and tilt sensor - Page 3 -- posted image.

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic