icon

Adding a pager and tilt sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
martiale 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  

The car will be mostly indoors, will sensitivity change because of the exterior temperature?

Any other proximity sensor that you would recommend?

'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
martiale 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  

Need to diode isolate the sensors, where can i get 1N4001/L diodes? Do i have to mention other specs while ordering like ampere rating etc.?

'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
These are popular 1 amp diodes. The 1n4001 is all you need to specify. Radio shack has them. That's where I buy them.
Good Enough Isn't!
martiale 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  

OEM BMW alarm made by Alpine with built in glass sensor, have Alpine added shock sensor, now i need to add a pager DEI 795T and tilt sensor DEI 507M. The alarm does not have a "ground when armed" wire, how can this be resolved, think need the relay but need more instructions -what model, how to do the wiring in order to make a "ground when armed" wire.

'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
99k1500 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  

If you have a real electronics store locally you can get them cheap.... they should be around a dime apiece.... The net is not hardly worth it because of shipping unless you need other parts.

At the Shack they cost substantially more.  Radio Shack has them but I hate going in there.  I have more than once gone to a local Stereo/ Alarm shop.  And asked the installer for some.... the last time I bought 5 of them for a buck.

topper 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
OK here is what you do. Locate the Alpine shock sensor. It should have 3 or 4 wires. test each wire. 1 is ground, 1 is 12v, and the other(s) are your alarm triggers. Cut the trigger wire to shock sensor and properly in stall 2 diodes. one back to shock the other to tilt.
martiale 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
I will try to be more clear on this: For tilt and shock sensor all is clear, i need to have a "ground when armed" wire to connect the pager to it so when the alarm is armed at the same time the pager will be armed as well.
'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
martiale 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

It is an OEM factory BMW alarm made by Alpine, i need to have a ground when armed wire every time i arm the alarm and no ground when disarming the alarm.  The alarm harness plu has 12 pin connector, 2 of those pins are door lock + and door unlock +. Would this be the easyest way to create ground when armed from these 2 pins using relays. I believe both lock and unlock wires have a one time pulse + current. How can i do this.

'99 BMW E36 M3 Coupe
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
Silly question....but...why?
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
If it's an Alpine alarm there should be one there, or you can look at a extra sensor input there should be one there also.. just get your dmm out and start poking around, some wire has to send a ground upon arming for something...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic