icon

Chrysler 300, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
loosewire 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
My son is home on leave and had a local guy (Tampa,FL)install a alarm system with remote start. The alarm works but the shop cannot get the remote start to work on a consistant basis. It will work  every third try. The shop pulled the chip from the factory key and put it in the remote fob. Anybody got any ideas or had this issue? How about a reliable place in Tampa?
loosewire 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
I should rephrase this issue. It's not that the shop is not reliable because they have been honest about the whole deal but my son needs to go back to his base and we need to get this thing fixed if possible.
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
if you are saying that the car cranks and doesnt turn over the first 2 attempts then finally on the 3rd attempt,
then its either the tach (or cranking time if they didnt use tach (most likely they didnt use tach))
and/or the immobolizier bypass (are you using a key type? if so you need the ring to be snug)
either up the crank time or hotglue the ring so that it doesnt move around or something.
What Year 300 and What Alarm?!?
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
loosewire 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  
system is a  crimestoppers Informer II CS-2016DP.FM Remote Start Paging Alarm System

Deluxe 2-Way FM/FM Paging Alarm and Remote Start Combo

loosewire 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  
loosewire wrote:
system is a  crimestoppers Informer II CS-2016DP.FM Remote Start Paging Alarm System

Deluxe 2-Way FM/FM Paging Alarm and Remote Start Combo

car is a 2006 300

john ogrady 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
Also remember on the more recent 300's there is a wire on the ignition switch is multiplexed make you have this taken care of.This is the 2nd start wire and acces. wire.
loosewire 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2007 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
Just an update to this issue. I removed some panels under the dash to have a look and found a giant mess of loose wires and poor connections that was so bad I took photos and called one of the guys listed at this website to have a look. He came buy and stated that he would not even touch it and to take it back. With photos in hand I went back to the shop where it was installed and talked to one of the owners. He was shocked at what he saw and was very apologetic. To make a long story short they pulled it all out and installed a ignition bypass (thanks for the tip David)plus apparently the shadetree tech ( currently un-employed) fried something in the brain while attempting to install the system. I dont relish the thought of somebody loosing their job but this was very poor work and actually a fire hazard. I talked to the owners and thanked them for getting it squared away without any hassles.
Silvrefox 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2007 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
Nice catch, fellas. I especially liked the fact you took pics to document what you found.
rwentworth 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2007 at 4:51 AM / IP Logged  

I am trying to install a Remote Start into a 2006 chrysler 300.... where is the best site to get wiring codes and diagrams?  I have the remote start, and have the bypass module for the ignition. I have to get this thing done today!!! please someone help me!!! the remote start is a cheap one, MARS  11, but looks like it has the 2nd igniton, and starter capability... could someone help me!  also, if you could even email me pics or anything!!! elitecaraudiosystems@yahoo.com

THANKS Alot!

Rob
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 15, 2007 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged  
rwentworth,
There are a large number of posts on this board that have already covered the 300/Charger/Magnum/etc. Including your own original post about this matter. What exactly is it you are looking for? Your other post mentions that you went to audiovox's website, between the information listed there and your installation manuals for your starter and bypass you should have everything you need. If you do not understand what is required with the information you have, I would strongly suggest having it installed professionally. You can cause a lot of damage to your vehicle if you do not install the system correctly.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic