< Prev Topic Next Topic >
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
Audi_foshizzle,
check this out: https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp#rtol
87camry,
the reason you have no sound is because the protect light is on. If you only hook up power, ground, and remote turn on (disconnect rca cables and speaker wires), does the protect light stay on? If so, the amp is fried. If it does not, there's a problem in either the wiring (speakers or rca cables), the speakers themselves, or you're trying to hook up the amp in a way it was not designed to be hooked up.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
audi_fizzle 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
its probably that im hooking stuff up in a way it was not intended to be hooked up. I put a switch on the subwoofer amp (not the factory one) a wire ran from the remote of the amp to one side of the switch, a wire from the amp power to the other side of the switch. This way its sounds fine, it just wont go off/on with the radio. Which lets me know the store bought amp is fine. The factory amp sends sound to the factory subs in the sidewall of the trunk. I have been told that there are issues with the bose systems that they put in these Audis (for instance to put in an aftermarket radio you must hardwire it, and I hear there are issues with replacing the speakers that make it necessary to re-wire em), so I am lost. Hooking up the usual way that any car uses the remote wire to the radio power on/off wire causes a clicking noise to come from the factory amp and no sound from any speaker. Even when I test the radio on/off wire before or after the the factory amp or radio the sound cuts off and the clicking noise starts accompanied by the wire tester pulsing on/off in sync with the clicking noise (sounds like a metronome)
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2007 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
Again, try dropping the underdash and looking for that barrier strip. You should be able to locate a suitable ignition source there that will switch the amp on/off.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic