icon

01 Xterra, Autopage RF860LCD

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hmin7186 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2007 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

Hi... i've have a question if there's any electrical experts out there.. i do have some sort of knowledge in wiring but just wanted to make sure..

I just got myself an Autopage RF860LCD alarm/remote start and i'm about to install in sometime in the next few days...

This module has 3 programmable outputs where it provides 200mA ground for user specified time whenever that button is pressed... I'm trying to use this function to open and close windows.. my car has reverse polarity positive windows...

what i'm thinking now is that 200mA is not enought to run the window motor therefore by using a relay, and connecting 12V source and programmable ground and have it trigger the window motor circuit would it work? what if i connect both front window motor to one relay?

i could not find power window motor circuit diagram anywhere so i'm very vague on how i would go about doing this...

if anyone has ideas and wiring info for this i would really appreciate it..

oh yeah one more question... if will the power window motor burn/damage if it is still left running for couple of seconds after it is completely closed or opened?

I have also looked into power window control module but i do not have the time to but and wait for the product to be shipped and also if it can be done the way i mentioned above it only costs less than 5 bucks...

thank you guys!! please help

cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2007 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  
hmin7186 wrote:

... if will the power window motor burn/damage if it is still left running for couple of seconds after it is completely closed or opened?

I have also looked into power window control module but i do not have the time to but and wait for the product to be shipped and also if it can be done the way i mentioned above it only costs less than 5 bucks...

thank you guys!! please help

Yes the window motors can be ruined if they are still getting power for a couple seconds after opening or closing.  Save yourself a lot of heartache and money and get a window controller.   What kind of car are you talking about anyway.

Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
hmin7186 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2007 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  

does the window controller shut off automatically whenever the windows are closed or opened? how do they know it is closed or opened?

I'm installing this on 2001 Nissan Xterra

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 12, 2007 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
Aftermarket window modules provide current monitoring of the motor to detect when it has reached its end of travel.  Not including a current monitoring system is a big mistake, and can lead to serious injurys to kids and pets.
Kevin Pierson
hmin7186 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2007 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

01 Nissan Xterra XE V6

Hi guys.. i'm still in the middle of instaling the alarm system and i can't figure out how to wire the door pin trigger..

does anyone know how i should wire this? i can't find a wiring diagram for the SECU so it's really hard for me to figure out which one does what..
it seems like gr/red, gr/black and RED / black wires are the door trigger wires since they change voltage depending on the door pins.. i tried to connect them to the alarm using diodes to isolate them but what happens now is that my dome light comes on and does not go off even when all the doors are shut...
is there a single wire that can be used or do i have to do something with those three wires?
if anyone has wiring diagrams i would really appreciate it.. thanks..
oh yeah one more thing... i'm getting confused on 2nd ignition wire and accessory wire.. some has RED / yellow wire as 2nd ignition and some has it has accessory... does anyone know which ones right?

mjmauto 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2007 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
On some cars you can go directly to the dome light. Just take it down and find the trigger.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 13, 2007 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
LOCK Lt.GREEN/ red Pin-18 on Smart Entrance Module   - 
 This module is located above the driver's kickpanel.
 UNLOCK Brown Pin-19 on Smart Entrance Module   - 
 DOORPIN RED / black Pin-9 on Smart Entrance Module   - 
 On models with no power door locks, this wire is found in the driver's kickpanel. This module is located above the driver's kickpanel.
 HOODPIN BLACK/ pink Pin-29 on Smart Entrance Module   - 
 TRUNK PIN Common with doors      
 FACTORY ARM Yellow Pin-30 on Smart Entrance Module   - 
 These wires will also operate the doorlocks. A double pulse on the YELLOW/RED to unlock the doors. This module is located above the driver's kickpanel.
 FACTORY DISARM Yellow/red Pin-31 on Smart Entrance Module   - 
 These wires will also operate the doorlocks. A double pulse on the YELLOW/RED to unlock the doors. This module is located above the driver's kickpanel.
hmin7186 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
I've checked the Pin-9 on Smart Entrance module and it is a solid black wire..  is this the one? how would you check for it?
hmin7186 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  

Okay my xterra has power locks on it... so i've been looking around and heard that i gotta use three wires on SECU and diode isolate them..

i've diode isolated them and connected them as given in a diagram.. but the dome light does not turn off when the door pins are all grounded.. and also it does not turn off when i turn off the switch on the light itself... any ideas? this is driving me crazy...

does anyone know where those GREEN/ red, GREEN/ black and RED / black wires are located on the SECU? i found about 5 GREEN/ red wires 3 GREEN/ black wires and 2 RED / black wires on the SECU harness..  the harness doesn't even have numbers on them to identify each wire.. if anyone has a diagram or info about this i would really appreciate it.. otherwise i've gotta test all those wires tomorrow morning... it would save me  alot of trouble.. thank you so much in advance..

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
All of these wires are in the WHITE plug on the unit.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic