icon

01 Xterra, Autopage RF860LCD

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hmin7186 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  

How do you guys check  wires? iwhat i've been doing is cutting the wires and using a volt meter... is there are way without cutting the wires? If i miss couple of wires it becomes a pain to crimp them back again.. and it doesn't look very clean too if i keep cutting and crimping wires.

mjmauto 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
just strip the insulation on the wire andthen test it. Dont cut it.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
Bed of Nails
Scroll down to LB55B...get one of these sets, and then add the correct end to plug into your meter. I usually buy a cheap set of meter leads from Sears to get the wires with the end that will plug into my Fluke meter. A little cutting here....a little soldering there...and you are all set.
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
I use an automatic stripper works real slick most of the time.. wire wrap and solder and insulate.. The bed of nails is an awsome little device for probeing. or just go to the connector if you can get at it...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
tbone587 
Copper - Posts: 167
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  

I use an automatic stripper also.  If the plug is near by, the best thing to do is stick your meter in the plug so ur not cutting ne thing.  but if its just a bunch of wires, just strip some sleeve and test..  I keep hearing about these bed  of nails, but im not sure whichi ones would work on my meter..  I have a meterman top model..

hmin7186 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 2:55 AM / IP Logged  

HEy guys.. i finally finished installing Autopage RF860LCD on my xterra... but i'm having a remote start problem..

when i remote start the car, it would crank but won't start as if fuel pump is not working... but if i start the car with the key it starts just fine...

i'm thinking somehow the remote start is not engaging the fuel pump... does anyone know which wire on the ignition harness activates the fuel pump?

Here's my ignition harness setup right now

12V + - Green

Starter - BLACK / YELLOW

Starter 2 - GREEN/ YELLOW

Ignition - BLACK/ White

Accessory - RED / Yellow

WHITE/ Blue wire not used for remote start

if anyone has any idea about this i would really appreciate it... i'm almost done!! wish me luck!

ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 6:32 AM / IP Logged  
Did you test the WHITE/ Blue wire and see if it might be another ignition wire?
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 6:35 AM / IP Logged  
There's only one ignition wire on the xterra. Check output with your DVM during crank on the BLACK/ white....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
Here is the trucks wire colors... white red 12v, blk white ign 1 , black yellow starter 1, black green starter 2 , red accy 1 thats what I have listed for an 01 xterra
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
hmin7186 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  

Hymer.. i don't think those wires are right.... those colors doesn't exist on the ignition harness...

I tested for WHITE/ blue and RED / yellow wire and they both are accessories, they show 12v on On position 0v while cranking and 12v once engine started.

i've yet to test the wires for proper signal during remote start... it's raining out and can't do nothing right now.. sighz..  thanks for your help guys... but if there's anyone still out there with proper wire color info please let me know.. thanks...

I've realized a lot of the wiring info given were somewhat wrong... after this project is done i will post proper wiring info for 01 xterra.. you don't realize how important little details are until you've gone under the dash and can't find the wires that was listed for you... hehe..

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic