icon

04 durango remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
name101 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
Can you use a DEI bypass with a bulldog remote start, instead of the 791 bypass from JBS ? Will there be any issuses with compatibility ? Thanks for any help you can offer.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  

shouldnt be any problem mixing and matching different bypass modules with any brands....

only issues i ever really had was using the 555L for PL I  as it required a - during crank which the DEI units provide but many others dont, you needed to relay and isolate..... other than that, shouldnt have any problems....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
dwbarger 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
Yes this would be the easiest way to do this, A little costly but a big time and headache saver. Let me know if you cannot find one I have the same units from Omega at good prices.
name101 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2007 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, Wondering why the security light on my wifes 04' Durango Lmtd. blinks after you remote start it , put the key in it , and than drive away. It just keeps on blinking the entire time you drive it nothing else happens it just blinks. It does not blink if you start it with the key and than go or if you remote start it but stop it before you put the key in and than start it with the key normaly. I also hooked up the parking lights with it & door locks. They all work perfect and there is nothing wrong with them. Like I said it is just that the light blinks when you remote start it and than drive away with it from it being remote started. I would just like to know why and how to fix it ? Thanks for any help you can provide me. Ryan
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2007 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  

What brand rs and bypass are you using.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 12, 2007 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
What type of bypass did you use...? To disarm the factory security you need to pulse the bypass module, and the 1st, and 2nd ign all at the same time. Everyone here will tell you it can only be done with the factory remote....not true. If your R/S unit has a factory disarm...you can use a relay to get 12 volts for the 2 ign. wires. It's more than likely a NEG(-) pulse, split it, take one to the relays , and the other to the bypass. Use a diode to prevent anything from backing into the bypass module. (isolate the bypass module)
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2007 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
Nice call TuneMan...   Only a handful of people know that one...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
name101 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2007 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
It's just a bulldog R/S with a bulldog bypass unit. Yes the remote starter unit has a fatory disarm wire coming from it also. Could you possibly do a diagram for me? I already know of the other diagram on here for the durango under the topic of "disarm for durango 2004". Is that the same type of diargam that you meant or did you mean something different ? Also in that diagram, what is the wire from the bypass ? I understand the wire from the module which is the factory disarm by why does it go straight across to the bypass module? What would you hook it up to ? One more thing also, What size should the diodes be and where would they be installed along the lines of that diagram, If that diagram is true ? Thank you very much for your help. Ryan
name101 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2007 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, I wrote a couple days ago about the remote start I installed in my wifes 04' dodge durango lmted. It was working like I said. It would start, stop, lock, & unlock but the thing was that it needed to be remote started and than unlocked because if you just pressed the unlocked button, it would unlock the doors but when you opened the door the alarm would go off. So a gentlemen here said to bypass the alarm so I followed the diagram on here. It said to use two relays. Hook up 30&86 together on both and put a fuse in line, than hook up to 12+, I did that. Next hook up both 87s' to ignition wires 1 and 2 separately (pink/lt. green & Pink) And last to hook up both 85s' to the factory alarm disarm output and the bypass box and hook them all together. Which I wasn't sure which wire to hook up to the other ones so, I tried the yellow wire which didn't work and than I tried the blue which didn't work. I should say that this is a bull dog R/S & 791 bypass module. I also didn't know what value of diodes to use for the two wires that went to the factory disarm wire and the other wire from the bypass so I used 1.5k. Now the truck won't start. So my question is what did I do wrong. When I first hooked up the yellow wire it did start for a second but than died. Now I have the R/S unpluged because when I go to plug it back in it just makes the truck continuously crank and will not stop. I NEED HELP Please. Can anyone help me and tell me what the values should be or if what I used was good enough and also if anyone is familiar with bull dog products, could you tell me which wires I should hook up the 85 pins to from the relays to the R/S unit and the bypass unit. Thank you very much for any help you can provide. Sorry for writing so much and I hope I made sense. If you need anymore info. just ask. Thanks again I really appreciate your help. Ryan
name101 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2007 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
O.K. , So I just went down to my garage and I pulled the 2 fuses on the relays that I hooked up to try and bypass the alarm and than tried to start it and it started right up. I would really appreciate if someone could post a security bypass diagram for me, especially if you could do it for a bulldog R/S unit & bypass!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic