Which sub is better, louder?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kmgraphix 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
jeffchilcott wrote:
I would be asking for he company hat makes this alternator, and also the spec sheets shoing this with output graphs.
If i recall correctly, i think it is called northwest generators or something along that line, i know that it is ____ generators. When i get closer to buying the alt, i will ask for the spec sheets, etc. But before i go and do more research, do you think i need one that powerful?? Cause if i dont than i will just go with Iraggi... Do you guys think i need that much idel output for 3000-3500 watts again. I would be much easier and cheaper to get the Iraggi one, but i you guys think i nned more power, i will do some more reasearch on this one from the local shop and get more inf..
kmgraphix 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
jonathancullen wrote:
240 amps at idle, dang!!!!!!! that would be awesome. wish i could get ahold of one of those since i cant do a dual alternator setup on my car. whats it peak at?
Thats what i said when he told me the specs also... If i need to go to this one i can see if i can get the information and give it to you also.. From my understanding these are custom built and they can achieve almost anything for almost any car. So i will post the info when and if i get the info...
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
that would be great, cuz the best one i can find is the araggi and its only 115amps at idle, and 180 peak i believe. having an import sucks lol, i cant find anything for my car.
two 12" cadence TXW-12S, cadence TXA-3002 amplifier, 1990 toyota celica system 10 speakers
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2007 at 3:19 AM / IP Logged  
imports are easy...you just fab a large case GM alt onto them
if I can do it on a 1st gen CRX a second gen CRX with dual alts and a civic coupe....you can do your car....message me with your car specs and I will see if I can walk you thought it
Always buy the best and most you can afford, becaue who knows what you will want down the road!
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
jonathancullen 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2007 at 6:20 AM / IP Logged  
exactly lol!!!! i wanted a 18solox just because no1 has one around here, but there is no way i would be able to fully power the monster. jeff what do you all need? pictures?
two 12" cadence TXW-12S, cadence TXA-3002 amplifier, 1990 toyota celica system 10 speakers
jar754 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2007 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
i would recommend that you go with the bigger alternator it only makes sense and as for cubs there is no competiton go with the best sub ever made jl audio 13w7 and i would go with the slash sereies 1000/1 by jl also. they built that amp especially for this sub, sq and spl is outstandy and smooth, but if your looking for something really loud look at mtx jackhammer now theres a freakin sub
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 26, 2007 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
The Jackhammer is not a realistic SPL subwoofer
You can get a lot louder with a lot less power, money, time, and weight
jar754 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2007 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
i said it as a joke sorry if u took it as an offense obviously my pick would be the jl setup
jonathancullen 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  

i wont be fabricating anything soon, we got a big snow storm and its cold out now. im waiting a couple months and then getting a new job and hopefully i can put a big alternator on it. should be easy since i have a 350 small block sitting in my garage so i know what the brackets look like.

and the mtx jackhammer just moves tons of air, not that loud of a sub.

memfus_boi 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
just get another L7 with a kicker zx1500.1
If I'm to loud, then you're too old!!!
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic