Posted: January 30, 2007 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
Big Dog,
Thank You. An excellent photo.
Coach
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2007 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
Coach, i have found that wire for window down only works when the car is running. I add a relay and turn on the second ignition during the remote window down, this allows it to always work.....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
coach1962 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2007 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Mike, I will probably try that when I do the next change to the install. I will report back when I get it all hooked up.
The only thing that I've seen so far that is kind of different is that if I start the 4Runner without unlocking the doors, the factory alarm goes off while it's starting. I'm not sure what I missed, but I did hookup the factory disarm wire to the keysense wire. If I unlock the doors before I tell it to start, it does fine, locking the doors as it starts. I'll keep playing with it.
Coach
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2007 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, the factory disarm wire won't work on the keysense as it is only a pulse before start while it needs a ground the entire time the RS has the ignition on. You need to use the RS ground out while running(statis) wire for this. If you have this wire running a bypass already, you will need to diode isolate it so it won't turn the bypass on every time you put the key in the ignition...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
coach1962 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2007 at 5:10 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks again Mike. I'm glad you mentioned the diode. That's one of those things that you might not realize until it got you. It looks like I've got a few things to wire and test on my next weekend. I appreciate all the help.
Coach
coach1962 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2007 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
An update,
I was able to hook up Aux 1 - down window and Aux 2 - up window + rear defogger/mirror heater. In the winter, the rear window won't go up if it's already up (so the defog will come on) and in the summer, the rear defog won't come on if the rear window is anything but all the way up. The BLACK / YELLOW wire is 12V positive (+) and the rear window switch connects that to either yellow/red (to go up) or BLACK/ blue (to go down). I tapped into the BLACK/ blue using a relay to convert the neg output to a positive pulse to go down and did the same to the yellow/red to go back up. I also put a diode in series to the defogger input on the 4Runner. At this point, I didn't hook up ign 2 to come on at the same time (to make this work without the remote start activated), but I may in the future.
Thanks for all the help and photos, they were a great help.
Coach
joshua79109 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  

Mike,             thanks for the posts... they have helped me out.  I have installed an aps786 on a 2007 4runner.  I am using channel 4 to roll the window down like the factory remote.  I was able to get the window to roll down after the vehicle was remote started, but not with the vehicle off ( like the factory remote ).  I see in your post you used a relay to turn on the second ignition to correct this.  Would you explain that a little more?  Is it a seperate relay from the relay to change polarity for the window down pulse?  What feed wire from the alarm did you use to activate the relay off of the channel you used to roll the window down - (does the ignition wire only have to be on during the roll down)?

joshua79109 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2007 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
Mike ,     I found another post of yours with the information I needed.  Thanks
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic