< Prev Topic Next Topic >
isus 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2007 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  

The car:

2006 Jeep Liberty

The Install:

Remote Start only using Viper 791V (Sounds like overkill but I pulled it out of my old car and I just want to use it as a remote starter in my lease car, maybe hook up the keyless but no alarm functionality)

Basically this is the issue.  Directechs says the the factory alarm can only be disarmed with the factory key fob (which is integrated with my key).  Now last year when I was working with a small shop in town I would do these all day long, but we used a bypasskit CHDL6-PK2, which used the databus interface to disarm the car during rem start.  So basically is there a way that I can hook up the remote start without having to purchase this $80 part?  I have a blank key that I'm going to program and throw it in a 556U but my main issue is that I don't want to set off the factory alarm and I don't want to have to unlock the car with the factory keyfob then remote start the car and leave it unlocked.  I've heard that hooking up keysense will disarm the factory system but never had the occasion to try it.  can anyone confirm the keysense issue or provide a more reliable method?

Thank you,

cutter1122 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2007 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
transponser + ignition will also disarm the factory alarm

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic