icon

door trigger, 2006 f150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
williamkise 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2007 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
hi,im installing a hornet alarm in a 2006f-150.my question is,do i have to diode isolate the door triggers which will be a pain or can i use the dome light to trigger the alarm?if so will the domelight delay effect the arming of the alarm and will i have to diode isolate the dome?       any advice would be appreciated.thank you
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2007 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
i isolate the door triggers...which is easy, you can get diodes at radio shack. The black blue will only trigger the alarm if the domelight switch is not in the full off position.
williamkise 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2007 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the reply mikvot.im not sure what you mean by the dome wire will only trigger alarm if the switch is not in the full off position.if      there is any way to use the black blue wire and the alarm function properly thats the route id like to take but if i have to isolate i will. thanks for the help
actionjackson 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2007 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
hook your BLACK/ light blue to the positive trigger it will work fine, i believe what he was refering to was if you leave your domelight switch in the on position, the alarm will time out and eventually bypass the doors and just give you shock protection. ive done hundreds of these trucks and never had a customer complaint or problem with the door trigger 
Jamie Jackson
*CRIMPING AINT EASY*
williamkise 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2007 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
thanks actionjackson,im going to follow your advice and hope it works out.
mikvot 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2007 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
also, you might have to change an option on the alarm, so it will not chirp 3 times every time you arm. I dont know that system, so i cant tell you for sure.
williamkise 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2007 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
the alarm is a hornet 564t remote start/alarm
mikvot 
Posted: February 10, 2007 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
meant, that i havent worked with dei in a while, im sure it has that option though.
williamkise 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2007 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
by the way does anyone know if this alarm has the data to data port for the 1100f interface or will i have to use the standard install mode?im still waiting on the alarm to be delivered so im not sure.just trying to get a few questions answered to help install go smooth. thanks for any help
mikvot 
Posted: February 10, 2007 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
Doesn't look it has the bypass data port.It does have the feature i mentioned above though.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic