icon

2007 chevy trailblazer remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
paul h 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
Anybody done one yet??  Are they the same as the 06 models in reference to wiring and locations??  It will be a AutoPage RS600 add-on.  Basically wants it for the RS and keep the factory stuff...so I just need to hit a few wires and use the GM-SL bypass module for the ignition crap I would assume...but thats why I'm asking!!  Thanks guys & gals.
cutter1122 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2007 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
2007 chevy trailblazer remote start -- posted image.
paul h 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2007 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you very much!!!
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  
yes, fortunately for us gm hasnt changed the trailblazer in years except for no longer having a starter wire, this is in my opinion 1 of the easiest vehicles to do , everything easily accessible under dash ( even tach)
brake wire, park light wire and tach in thick harness running left to right under ignition harness molex
also i have never had to power up brown wire in this vehicle though i have read some posts that say they have
some cheapo units( hornet 569 or 570t)do not like tachless as when heater turns on it draws more voltage than module wnats and shuts down, so i always use a good quality unit and hooking up tach is therefore optional on this car
paul h 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the information.  But according to the above wiring diagram, it shows a starter wire??  So which one is it??  :-)  Thanks!

jim hunter wrote:
yes, fortunately for us gm hasnt changed the trailblazer in years except for no longer having a starter wire, this is in my opinion 1 of the easiest vehicles to do , everything easily accessible under dash ( even tach)
brake wire, park light wire and tach in thick harness running left to right under ignition harness molex
also i have never had to power up brown wire in this vehicle though i have read some posts that say they have
some cheapo units( hornet 569 or 570t)do not like tachless as when heater turns on it draws more voltage than module wnats and shuts down, so i always use a good quality unit and hooking up tach is therefore optional on this car

jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
like all new gms the starter wire is not used( the yellow may be there but serves no purpose) it starts by seeing ignition and accessory, then ignition staying and accessory dropping ( it starts very rapidly)
so, even if yellow wire is there it is not attached to, just insulate your starter output wire and make sure your accessory wire drops during crank
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
The starter wire will be there regardless, doesn't hurt to hook it up and it does get power when you cycle the key as well even though it isn't required. And yes tach is recommended the charging system usually doesn't kick in right away on this platform. The car will sit at 12.6 or whatever a few seconds longer than it should and some units will shut off thinking it didn't start. It's in the thick harness under running near the steering column, white wire. It will read about 6.5v AC with the vehicle running. And I've seen others say look for the wire that is silver when you strip it, but that is NOT the tach wire. It will be normal copper.
Mike
paul h 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  

Correct me if I'm wrong PLEASE!!  I have never tested for a Tach wire...always just knew where to go.  But for the test, I take my AC meter, put it on AC Volts, black to ground and red to the wire that I *think* is the Tach wire and it should read the 6.5v AC, is this correct??  Say I get the wrong wite wire...as the diagram above also shows a Ignition wire as a white wire, and apparently in the same harness...will it hurt anything if I hit the wrong white wire while probing for the Tach wire??  Thanks in advance for the help!!

NowYaKnow wrote:
The starter wire will be there regardless, doesn't hurt to hook it up and it does get power when you cycle the key as well even though it isn't required. And yes tach is recommended the charging system usually doesn't kick in right away on this platform. The car will sit at 12.6 or whatever a few seconds longer than it should and some units will shut off thinking it didn't start. It's in the thick harness under running near the steering column, white wire. It will read about 6.5v AC with the vehicle running. And I've seen others say look for the wire that is silver when you strip it, but that is NOT the tach wire. It will be normal copper.
Mike

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
Paul H, you have the correct procedure for probing for a tach wire. If you probe the wrong wire with a multimeter it won't hurt anything.
f150fan 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Most tach wires will read between 1 and 6 volts ac. I believe that NowYaKnow is right that it will be around 6.5 volts ac. As far as how to test for that wire, you are correct. As far as mistaking the the ignition wire for the tach wire, the ignition wire should be 12guage and the tach wire should be a smaller guage, maybe around 18guage. Also the ignition wire will test as DC voltage not ac.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic