icon

wiring trunk pin switch to door trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
Well I did something wrong because I hooked the door trigger wire up to how it was before. Now when I open either door, the dome light doesnt come on at all.
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
2002 cavalier
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
I dont know what happened, but now my domelight works when I open and close the door, but when I arm the car, and manually open the door, the alarm wont trigger, yet my domelight comes on.
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  

if you open the door and the domelight comes on..but the alarm doesn't ring..you are not connected properly to the trigger wire or....the alarm has bypassed that zone because you are checking it too many times in a row. If thats the case turn on the ignition after each time you check it.

BTW..are you using a meter???... because if you were you would know why things are not working right..so be sure to use one. Thanks

master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  

Oh..and on your vehicle the trunk wire is black at the light and should throw a negative when the trunk is open. Connect the HOOD/TRUNK negative instant trigger INPUT wire to that..close everything up...arm it...wait 20 seconds..and open the trunk with the key...the alarm should sound....now remote start the vehicle with the trunk open..you will find it will remote start just fine if everything else is correct.

Use the negative SHUTDOWN wire for the hood pin for safety. If the vehicle does not start with the hood closed you need to adjust the pin. Make sure if the system has a neutral safty switch wire that you ground it..that is safe for your vehicle but it won't start at all with the remote otherwise.

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
Well the thing is that i did use the black ground wire at the trunk light. I knew that was the wire when I cut it, the light didnt work. But I wanted to test it first before I ran diodes, so I cut the door trigger wire which I had running to the domelight wire. I then ran the trunk wire I spliced into the black ground wire, and ran that to the door trigger wire. I closed everything and armed it. I manually opened the door. The trunk light came on but the alarm didnt sound. Ever since then, I cant get anything to work
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2007 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  
Just as master5 said, you need to test the wires with a dmm......just cutting 1 wire at the trunk light is not gonna tell you anything.....either wire you cut will shut the light off. Whats not working now? Domelight? Might have a blown fuse now. Could of smoked the door trigger input on the alarm.
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2007 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  

Well the trigger inputs of the RS system should be able to handle positive or negative without burning up..after all those wires will typically see the opposite polarity depending on the door being open or closed.

But yes..when you state "I can't get anything to work" all that tells me is you are not checking the basics with a meter..main power, ground, ignition and so on. Without knowing whats there you can't really troubleshoot properly...don't depend on luck or guessing. See what the meter says..it doesn't lie.

audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2007 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
Well i hooked everything up to how it was before I started cutting wires. Now, when I arm the car, everything works fine. Domelight, door locks, everything. When I manually unlock the door, the alarm sets off, just like it is supposed to. Now when I go to disarm my alarm, the siren chirps twice (as its suppposed to), but my parking lights flash 3 times. Then when I get into the car and turn the igntion on (not actually start the car), plus my service light comes on. But it will only come once, untill i arm and then disarm again. Could I have fried something?
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2007 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  

Ok forget the last post. The entire system works fine. Here the siren is supposed to chirp twice when disarming, the parking lights are supposed to flash twice and then come on again, because I have illuminated entry delay. And the reason why my service light was coming on was because I still had the fused pulled for the horn. Once I put that fuse back in, bye bye service light. So very duh on my part. But I still want my trunk to trigger my alarm. Does anyone have any ideas at all?

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic