icon

2005 toyota camry remote start/door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
baseem 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
Also, the valet key I have is just a basic metal key - definitely no RF chip integrated into it.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
If the key with no plastic on it starts the car then you do not have a transponder.
Yes you need to hook up the keysense. You would use the status output to the keysense to disarm the factory alarm without unlocking.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
baseem 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  
For the keysense wire, I am thinking of using a lead off of my alarm that "provides a 200mA (-) ground output that becomes active within 4 seconds before the remote start unit initializes and remains grounded while running."
I should just be able to hook that up directly to the keysense lead on the ignition harness, right?
Sorry for all of the questions - I really can't afford to fry my ignition system, ECU, BECU, DLCU, or otherwise...
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
--Only the V6 version of the LE gets the transponder. If you have a 4-cylinder, no transponder to worry about.
--Only the XLE (4 or 6) gets the factory-installed alarm. Your LE won't have an alarm, unless you bought the dealer-installed Toyota VIP (Vehicle Intrustion Protection) alarm.
Therefore, you don't need to worry about the keysense wire at all.
--All this talk about double-pulse unlock. It's not really "double-pulse." The tech sheet writer should take the time to give a better explanation.
One pulse on the blue wire unlocks only the driver's door, and also turns on the interior light (as long as the car isn't running).
A second pulse within a short period of time unlocks the passenger doors.
I'm not familiar with Marksman product. Did you say it has two separate unlock outputs? A "first unlock" and "second unlock" or something like that?
If so, just connect BOTH unlock outputs from the Marksman, to the Toyota's blue, and you'll have driver's-priority unlocking, just like from the factory.
baseem 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
--Only the V6 version of the LE gets the transponder. If you have a 4-cylinder, no transponder to worry about.
--Only the XLE (4 or 6) gets the factory-installed alarm. Your LE won't have an alarm, unless you bought the dealer-installed Toyota VIP (Vehicle Intrustion Protection) alarm.
Therefore, you don't need to worry about the keysense wire at all.
Ah, I see... I do have the 4 banger, so no need to worry about the transponder. I was under the impression that the keysense wire detected that the key was in the ignition (and activated the ever-annoying dinging relay) and that jap cars had to have a key actually in the ignition to start, or at least think they did. So the keysense wire is actually just part of a transponder kit, if so equipped? Thanks a lot for that information and for the clarification on the door lock mechanisms. Also, another big thank you to everyone who's been willing to answer my questions - I greatly appreciate it.
baseem 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2007 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone,
Tomorrow I'm going to install my alarm into my 2005 Camry (4 banger, no transponder). However, I DO have a FACTORY INSTALLED ALARM - Hood pin, trunk pin, valet switches, and I'm guessing a starter immobilizer. The factory alarm is supposed to disarm with unlock, and arm with lock. So, I see this as being a problem if I'm trying to remote start with the doors locked.
Now, I'm pretty "green" when it comes to installing alarms.
Questions:
1. Can I use the car's dome light supervision as the door trigger? I know this varies in certain vehicles and I'm curious to know if anyone is aware of any trouble or problems with using dome light supervision in place of the door trigger? (I'm trying to avoid finding, tapping, and diode isolating 3 different wires for the door pins)
2. What do I do with the keysense wire? Since I have a factory alarm but I do not have the transponder security system, do I need to connect the keysense wire to my alarm's wire which is a grounded output on remote start?
Any help will be more than appreciated. Thanks to everyone in advance!
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2007 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  

as for question 1 go to each doorpin, spend the extra time

for question 2 yes, you have to hook up the keysense wire at the ignition switch to disarm the factory alarm while remote starting, this wire DOES NOT unlock the doors, use the ground out when running or status wire from your alarm/remote start brain

baseem 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2007 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you very much for your quick reply. I greatly appreciate it.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2007 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
Using the wire that goes to the ignition key cylinder light will work fine for your door triggers. It is GREEN/ red. It is always ON whenever a door is open, and it immediately goes out when you lock the car.
Are you sure you have a factory installed alarm, and not a dealer installed alarm? A factory installed alarm does not have a valet switch.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 03, 2007 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
That most likely isn't a factory alarm.
Only the XLE gets a factory-installed alarm, and that model has the transponder too.
Toyota offers their "VIP" dealer-installed alarm that can be bought separately, but it doesn't have a valet switch.
Most likely, it's an aftermarket.
You could install a remote starter on top of an aftermarket alarm, but it's more hassle and may not be worth it.
You'll need to prevent the aftermarket alarm from "seeing" ignition power when the remote starter is on......some remote starters have a special output for this; some don't and you need to wire up a relay.
Also, the alarm's shock sensor will be triggered by the vibration of the car's engine when the remote starter is on........two more relays to take care of that, or you might opt to just turn the sensor down or unplug it.
P.S.
You mentioned hoodpin, and valet switches (plural)? Did you buy the car new or used?
A typical car alarm has only one valet switch. Also, while you COULD install a hoodpin for extra security on a basic alarm, most of the time that doesn't happen.
Seeing two separate switches, as well as a hoodpin, points to the possiblity that the car already has a remote starter installed.
What do the switches look like? Are they toggles that move back and forth, or pushbuttons?   What to the remotes look like? Do they have a name (or even a phone number) printed on the back? Do you see an antenna stuck onto the windshield glass?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic