icon

viper 150 esp/xcrs 500m, 87 bronco

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slawson2000 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2007 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  

I have a Viper 150 ESP that I would like to install.  I have searched around and found two install manuals for the main module, one for the 150ESP and the other for the 552 Series.  My problem is that the kit came with a XCRS 500M relay satellite and I can not find anything in the manuals that links the two together.  I have also searched for an install guide for the XCRS without any luck.  The XCRS has a 4 pin and a 7 pin hookup that is still a mystery.

Are these compatible items?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2007 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
it is not compatable
you need the hcrs
slawson2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2007 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  

Fudge....  I thought relays were all basically the same.

Where could I obtain a hcrs?  Is there a specific one I need?

I am still confused, because I do not see hcrs listed in the manuals either.  How would those get hooked up?

slawson2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2007 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  

After a lot more searching and a little more reading I have a couple other questions.  Is the hcrs basically three independent relays, if so, does anyone know what size?  Is the xcrs basically a four in one relay?  If so, couldn't it be wired to act as a hcrs?

An xcrs wiring diagram or directions would really help about now.

dirtjumper895 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2007 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
 Go to this page.  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/downloads.asp?srch=all&term=791xv   Click on 791xv install manual.  There should be the wiring diagram for the xcrs in the last page. Hope it helps.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2007 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
The newer style relay pack (with a 7 pin ribbon cable) can easily be made to work with an older style unit that had the 5 pin ribbon cable and 4-pack of relays.
Do you have a 5 pin harness that can plug into the viper 150 and do you have a 7 pin harness that can plug into the relay pack? All the wires in those plugs should be skinny wires...about 18 gauge. If you have both of these plugs...the rest is easy.
5 pin harness       ----       7 pin harness
purple   ----       purple
orange ----       orange
pink      ----       pink AND pink/white
yellow   ----       yellow
red       ----        probably not needed...but may need to be hooked up to +12v
Not needed        ----        blue
H1/1 orange       ----        ORANGE / black
slawson2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2007 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  

I was thinking along those lines.  Thanks.

Another question is that there is a 4 pin output from the xcrs - are those the same as the ones out of the esp150?

What about the larger green wire (key side starter wire)?  What is it?

And while I am at it, I want to also hook up (if possible) a 530T (I think) to my rear window to allow for remote up/down capabilities.  What would be the best way to do that?

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 12, 2007 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  
1) The 4 pin output is an extension of the ribbon cable wires. This makes it easier to add things like extra ignitions/accessories/etc. Since you are hooking up to the ribbon cable itself you can get any extra ignitions via the ribbon cable without the need for the extra 4 pin plug.
2) The larger green wire is 1/2 of the starter kill/anti-grind circuit. If you decide you want the starter kill/anti-grind circuit this wire connects to the key side of the starter wire that you cut, and the purple goes to the vehicle side of the cut starter wire.
3) What kind of vehicle are you putting this in? Make/Model/Year
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
slawson2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2007 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
It is going into an '87 Bronco.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 12, 2007 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
Does that truck have a switch up front that controls the window? If it does you should be able to hook your 530T in right there. If it does not, and is only controlled using the key in the rear door you would have to run your wiring into the door.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic