icon

hardest car to do a remote start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
custom audio ny 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2007 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  

streetdream, it's not all A8's....its the new ones the dealer has sent over. So lets say 06..07's. but might be the same problem 04 up as well. The problem is you CAN"T get a remote start to work..as you can see in my previous post in the reply from FORTIN that there is some kind of logic system in the ignition switch system...in a nutshell we can't get basic functions such as ignition, crank and accessory, much less anything else.

I have no idea if that Lamborghini has a similar ignition switch but if it does you are S^&t out of luck my friend. The older lambos I have done were cake however electrically...just the discomfort of working under those dashes for any length of time kinda sux.

docsautomotive, I can not give anyone elses "average" times but with myself it depends on the vehicle, type of system and options added that determine time. Personally I'd rather take my time and pay attention to details and a stealth install but I can give my average time for systems in basic vehicles (2007 A8's and lambos are not considered basic..lol)

Add on remote start w/ bypass mod......1 to 2 hours

Standard security system w/ keyless entry  2 to 3 hours

Full blown RS/security with keyless/trunk pop/ window rollups/extra sensors etc...3 to 5 hours. remember these are "average" times, some vehicles may take more or less time depending.

Now you want a time to do a basic alarm in an 82 camaro or like a 92 mustang?? If I was rushing for some reason I could do either car "semi" neat but fully functional and reliable in 15 minutes. But really no reason to rush..it's not like I have so many systems to do I don't have enough time..if that was the case I'd just hire more installers.

Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
ASE/MECP master certified
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2007 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
anyone else have any crazy ass car storys to tell?
Matthew Robertson
Senior Installer
Best Buy Deerfoot Meadows
Calgary, AB, Canada
streetdream 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2007 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah. This 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder doesn't even have a factory alarm system, just keyless entry! Hahaha.
MECP First Class
Bay Manager
custom audio ny 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2007 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

Lamborghini figures that if someone can afford one they don't really worry about theft. So I guess doing a remote start in that was a cake walk...cool.

Now if I could only find a "logic barrel" ignition switch for those damned A8's..

Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
ASE/MECP master certified
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic