icon

hardest car to do a remote start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vitrox 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2007 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
06 h3's you can just build the 2 relay bypass and it works flawless.  I couldn't get the bypasses to work either.
custom audio ny 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2007 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  

If you don't know the 2 relay bypass this is how i do it.

To get the resistor value start the vehicle with the key.

Cut the WHITE/ blue or white wire and use a DMM. Measure the resistance from the key side of the wire you cut to the WHITE/ yellow or white black wire while the key is in crank position. The vehicle has built in anti-grind.

Follow this diagram.

hardest car to do a remote start? - Page 4 -- posted image.

Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
ASE/MECP master certified
Forseti 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2007 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
Hey .. I have a question .... I have a Avantguard 5 with remote start ..... I need - output when remote started to get the immobilizer bypass relay to work ... any of you know what wire to use or what kind of relay setup i need ?
custom audio ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2007 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  

I am not 100% sure on the Avantguard 5, it is a Clifford which is DEI, but may not use the same relay pack harness. If it does this wire is the small violet on the ribbon cable. If not available on that system you can take the + during start and use a relay to invert it to negative. 86 to + start....85 and 30 to ground, 87 out to immobilizer module, 87a not used.

If you would rather not use a relay perhaps if you post the wiring diagram I can find it for you..but keep in mind it may not have one unless it uses that ribbon cable.

Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2007 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  

The blue/orange wire on the Avantguard 5 will work.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
Nah VW are easy if you KILL the factory alarm and your hands getting to the ignition leads! Find Merc/Benz  etc with the "magic Keys" horrible you lot should try working over here (UK) on a late Peugeot 206, they change the (cable) colours every 3 months, no colour coding but tiny numbers, have used motor interupt  In(5 wire), neg neg lock unlock and single wire (interrupt and ground) all on the same model, have to go to BSI (Body module) box for indicators ( we use amber in Europe ) because once went to find r/h  (yellow) indicator in r/h floor loom and there were 8 yellows! Only colour coded cable is YELLOW /GREEN for grounds, except same colour for ignition 1- till they change colour; cutting either ign 1 or 2 will stop engine! Ign one when cut dumps the inst panel lights, the parking brake light only shows on engine run not ignition, and don't try tach pickup from injector ports, the cable run is covered in epoxy!  So go to the engine management box in front of r/h wheel arch, first one I did was white, second green etc etc, also by the time you realise that the yellow  hood switch cable becomes who knows what colour?  As it goes through the bulkhead it's quicker to fit a new switch! Incidentally Citroens and Renaults are just as bad, and as for  Fiat and Alfa Romeo I once removed an under hood panel on an Alfa holding was 1 x hex bolt, 2 torx and one posi! hardest car to do a remote start? - Page 4 -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
It's blue yellow, same colour codes on I/start IV and 5, watch the instructions on 5, its giving wrong info on the GREEN/ black (auto transmission enable).
custom audio ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2007 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

Heres an update everyone,

I contacted FORTIN about doing the remote starts on the 06- up Audi A8's and 07 Q7's. Here was thier response...

"We do not have a bypass module for these vehicle's but do manufacture a modified ignition barrel that handles to logic of the switch ignition system. However this barrel is not available for sale through our distributors and can only be purchased retail with a remote-starter install at our installation facility here in Montreal. The customer will need to bring the vehicle here in order to have this unit installed. Unfortunately at this time we do not ship or sell this product to anyone."

This was not alot of help since I am in the NYC metropolitan area..not too close to Montreal. I don't think the dealers would give us the time to bring the cars all the way to Canada so I can purchase a modified ignition barrel  (sarcastic). So I am still in the same boat.

If anyone else out there has done an RS in one of these Audis sucessfully, or may know anyone who has I would be very thankful if you could post the info I need.

This Audi dealership has been sending us a ton of work, I would hate to let them down. For example they sent us 4- A4's today, one of them I installed a reverse camera to the factory nav screen,,that alone was a one thousand dollar job..they dropped off another A4 getting the same setup for tomorrow and a Q7 for a K40 bluetooth radar detector and diffusor.

We all know how tough it has been lately in the industry with the moms and pops shutting down everywhere. So we need to work together to figure out the diffcult vehicles and share whatever we can.

Thanks again all.

Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
streetdream 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2007 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
What exactly is the problem you are seeing with the A8s? I am about to dive into a Gallardo and I'm pretty sure it's all the same stuff in there.
MECP First Class
Bay Manager
docsautomotive 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2007 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
he the guy said he did 2 cars in 2 hrs whats the average time for a rs system and a standard system
never stop
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic