Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
accessdenied 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2007 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Hi all,
My 1st post here.
Just wanted to ask what's the recommended or preferred alarm system with remote start that anyone ever installed in this vehicle that will replace the factory keyless remote with all the functionality still intact?
To be more clearer, a customer wants a new alarm system installed. He asked what system can replace the OEM factory keyless remote but still operate the lock/unlock (of course), the L/R automatic sliding doors and the rear automatic liftgate trunk hatch functionality. The keyless remote has separate button for lock, unlock, left auto-sliding door, right auto-sliding door, rear poweRED / auto-lift trunk hatch and the normal panic button. Also the pressing the sliding doors and rear powered trunk hatch buttons again will close them respectively.
I've installed and suggested an add-on remote start before that can utilize the factory keyless remote but the frequency range will be limited by the remote itself. Doesn't seem to be what he's looking and want a new retro-fit.
Mind you, as long as he gets the those factory functionality back with the new system, the brand/model is not important but quality is....
I've been looking at the Viper 791vx/5900sst or perhaps the new Viper 7900 but just need to confirm if the system can copy the functions mentioned..
Looks like my customer wants all the bells and whistles here guys (or gals 2006 toyota sienna limted -- posted image.) so hit me off with what you recommend...
Thanks,
J.D.
jeeper87 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2007 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  
Have not done that excact vech. yet but i would recomened the AutoPage 
RS-860LCD
2006 toyota sienna limted -- posted image.

Six-Channel Alarm System with Remote Car Starter and Two Way FM/FM Paging LCD Remote Transmitter

Reasons being: 1 you have lock and unlock, 2 you can use aux channel 3 and 4 for the sliding doors, 5 for the hatch. Plus it has a dedicated panic button. They also make the same setup less the remote start.

Hope i was of some help...PS used this system before works very well.

Jeep is a way of life, not just my ride.
accessdenied 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2007 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
Interesting... I'll have to look into that model.
Is it cold where you live? Do you know if real cold temps have any effects on this unit?
Thanks jeeper87!
jeeper87 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2007 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
Just in case you needed to knoe the alarm only modle is RF-520LCD....
Jeep is a way of life, not just my ride.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2007 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
The viper is a good choice for that van. The buttons can be set up in any configuration you want. The 2 sliders and the back hatch require just a negative pulse to operate, that means no relays just simply connect the wires and your done. The last time i did a viper in one i set the left two buttons(pressed together) to open the left door, same with the right, and the two bottom buttons to do the hatch. It made it easy to show the customer operation this way. Also, two stage unlock is very simple as the unlock wire opens the drivers door with the first pulse, then the others with the second. This is easily done on the Viper by simply connecting the second unlock together with the first.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
accessdenied 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2007 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
Mike M2, as I understand the viper negative pulses as you indicated for the sliders and hatch, you think that 200mA is enough for it to operate without relays?
Also, I've been studying the wiring schematic in preparation for this customer job and see the power unlock wire as the blue one in the driver kick panel area.
So, can you explain a little more on your last statement 'connecting the second unlock together with the first'
I'm trying to understand what you mean here. What second wire?
The only wire I see is the blue / YELLOW (-) in the passenger kick panel.
Is this the wire you're referring to?
Thanks,
JD.
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2007 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged  
if you do a viper, only hookup the 2pin harness unlock wire (blue) and forget about the blue second unlock in the other harness. It will do the both unlocks.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2007 at 6:27 AM / IP Logged  
Yes the 200ma output is enough to operate the doors. The unlock wires i refer to are on the Viper, not the car. There is a separate plug with a blue wire marked 2 stage unlock or 2nd unlock or something to that nature. I usually tie that wire and the blue wire on the locks harness together to get 2 stage unlock. MC says you don't need to and that may be so, never tried it that way...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
j12v 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2007 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  

I think cause all you'd need to do is program the system for a double pulsed unlock?! I may be wrong though

accessdenied 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2007 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:
The unlock wires i refer to are on the Viper, not the car.
Ah.. I see. Thanks Mike M2!!
kmobilecustoms &j12v - Thanks for your input as well.
By the way, I came across a feature in the viper 7981vx to connect the defroster wire. The thing is the Datawire diagram does not indicate this wire.
Am I going have to go about this the 'old school' way and start poking (searching) around. Could be the thing I can do once everything is connected, if time permits. You know how that goes... 2006 toyota sienna limted -- posted image.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic