icon

2006 toyota sienna limted

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2007 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

Before you decide on an alarm for this vehicle, check out www.ultrastarters.com first. I use these units on everything and they make a unit specifically for minivans with power sliding doors and power rear hatch. You can get the model # ULT2600TL, this is alarm/remote start/keyless entry/power sliding doors and rear hatch all on the new remote. The best part about these alarm systems is the shock sensor is adjustable through the remote and also includes a temporary shock sensor bypass option that will allow you to arm the system and bypass the shock if there is a thunderstorm or loud stuff setting off alarm. The adjustable shock sensor then allows the customer to adjust to thier specific taste and keeps you from getting a comeback. (ONLY IF PROPERLY DEMONSTRATED) check out the install manual and familiarize yourself with the unit and the shock sensor functions and you will wish you found this brand earlier. PM me if you have any Q's...

My rifle is my friend...
accessdenied 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2007 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
customak47,
Do you have a link to the install manual? Can't seem to find th ULT2600TL model.
Thanks!
accessdenied 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2007 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, an update on my customer's van. I explained to him the Viper 7981vx and what Jeeper87 recommended - the Autopage RS-860LCD.
Now, as you know, it's all about the customer's needs and perspective. To us, the wirings and install process is about the same depending on the features the customer wants.
So in the end, the Viper lost to the Autopage. Like I like said, customers don't know the background work involved and they only know the front end (remote transceiver and what info it gives them).
What moved him towards the Autopage is the indoor cabin temp monitor, clock and timer reminder for parking meter. Also the remote-start when a preset temp threshold is met that will activate to keep the cabin temp just right. This is good for when the temps drops downs drastically to say zero degrees.
With all these additional features, the Viper had no chance. It pretty much has all the basic features as the Viper and then some. To tell you the truth, I kind of looking forward to install this alarm. I remember back in the day when Autopage had those beepers to alert of a break-in.. Did I just give away my age here? LOL 2006 toyota sienna limted - Page 2 -- posted image.
Lastly, does anyone know of any other system that has the extra features (temp monitor, clock time, etc.) Autopage has to compare to?
Thanks,
JD.
accessdenied 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2007 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
Anybody know the location or have connected this wire before?
Found an extra (-) 200ma channel and thought , why not...
Thanks!
JD.
accessdenied 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2007 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
anyone?
Bueller, Bueller....
accessdenied 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2007 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
Just curious if a 500ma (-) pulse is enough to operate the door locks directly on a 2006 Sienna or does relays have to used?
This is a single (-) pulse wire for unlock and lock.
Thanks.
fkelsey 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2007 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
You can do it without relays. I believe unlock is a double pulse though so you will have to hit the unlock but the key cylinder wire blu / YELLOW in the passenger kick only requires single pulse.
lamikela1 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2007 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  

accessdenied wrote:
Ok, an update on my customer's van. I explained to him the Viper 7981vx and what Jeeper87 recommended - the Autopage RS-860LCD.
Now, as you know, it's all about the customer's needs and perspective. To us, the wirings and install process is about the same depending on the features the customer wants.
So in the end, the Viper lost to the Autopage. Like I like said, customers don't know the background work involved and they only know the front end (remote transceiver and what info it gives them).
What moved him towards the Autopage is the indoor cabin temp monitor, clock and timer reminder for parking meter. Also the remote-start when a preset temp threshold is met that will activate to keep the cabin temp just right. This is good for when the temps drops downs drastically to say zero degrees.
With all these additional features, the Viper had no chance. It pretty much has all the basic features as the Viper and then some. To tell you the truth, I kind of looking forward to install this alarm. I remember back in the day when Autopage had those beepers to alert of a break-in.. Did I just give away my age here? LOL 2006 toyota sienna limted - Page 2 -- posted image.
Lastly, does anyone know of any other system that has the extra features (temp monitor, clock time, etc.) Autopage has to compare to?
Thanks,
JD.

Accessdenied, I have an 860LCD installed in my '05 Tacoma and it works well with the exception of the range on the remote.  Have you had problems with this on your installs?  I moved the antenna three times with no better results.  Right now the best I can get is about 100-150 yards no matter what the surroundings are.  It's no better even if I am in eyeshot of the truck and can see the antenna.  It was mounted on the driver's side upper, driver's side lower, and now center upper pointing down. Any ideas???

Pioneer AVIC-Z1, JL 8W3V2, XR650CSi, 300/4, 250/1, Bluetooth, XM, A/V switch, Backup Cam, Autopage RS-1000
accessdenied 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2007 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
lamikela1, just curious, did you have the system installed at a shop or yourself?
I'm thinking the antenna wire is bundled up under the dash. That should not be the case.. that wire should be routed up the dash, up the driver side windshield pillar across the top and the antenna nub pointing up..
I know it'll look stupid as the wire entry point is on the bottom..
Also make sure the there is no interference on top of the windshield that will inhibit radio frequency. This goes for frosted type tints, internal radio antennas (check your manual for your vehicle. I think Toyota place the antenna under the front, middle roof for clean look), etc.
Another thing is make sure the connection on both ends are plug in good.
But remember, don't overlook one thing, yours may just be defective.
To test this, disconnect it and see if there is considerable distance range change of 2-way remote operation.
Or you can try another autopage antenna ...
Ccome to think about it, there is a programming feature on this system that checks the range and alerts you if your 'out of range'.
Do you know if this feature is enabled?
Let me know..
accessdenied 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2007 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
accessdenied wrote:
Anybody know the location or have connected this wire before?
Found an extra (-) 200ma channel and thought , why not...
Thanks!
JD.
Ok, I'm still looking to get feedback for the defroster wire on this Sienna...
Frye.... Frye....
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic