icon

2006 toyota sienna limted

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lamikela1 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  

Accessdenied, I did try all of the tips on this site in trying to get more range on my unit.  I have the antenna wire streched out (no kinks).   Also, the tacoma does not have any metallic particles in the windshiled.  I installed the alarm and here's what I've been through.

1) Installed with antenna facing up mid ways up left side of the windshield wire running through the A pillar on the left. This was the factory recommended location.

2) Installed with antenna facing up top of windshield left side, wire running through the A pillar on the left.

3) Installed with antenna facing down, top of  windshield wire running through the A pillar on the left antenna in center of windshield.

Virtually no change but does work slightly better in position 3.  I never tried it without the antenna connected to see if anything changes.  I will try that and let you know.  Also, I did not program the range check as that will only run the battery down faster.  it does the same thing when you try to input a command.  If it's out of range the little satellite icon will disappear.  Actually, it could be a bad antenna but I had nothing to compare it to.

Thanks for the help.  Sorry it took so long to get back to you but I have not had a chance to check the site.

Pioneer AVIC-Z1, JL 8W3V2, XR650CSi, 300/4, 250/1, Bluetooth, XM, A/V switch, Backup Cam, Autopage RS-1000
accessdenied 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2007 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
No problem...
ok.. the defroster wire on this Sienna....anyone?
Bueller...... Bueller......2006 toyota sienna limted - Page 3 -- posted image.
lamikela1 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2007 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
lamikela1 wrote:

Accessdenied, I did try all of the tips on this site in trying to get more range on my unit.  I have the antenna wire streched out (no kinks).   Also, the tacoma does not have any metallic particles in the windshiled.  I installed the alarm and here's what I've been through.

1) Installed with antenna facing up mid ways up left side of the windshield wire running through the A pillar on the left. This was the factory recommended location.

2) Installed with antenna facing up top of windshield left side, wire running through the A pillar on the left.

3) Installed with antenna facing down, top of  windshield wire running through the A pillar on the left antenna in center of windshield.

Virtually no change but does work slightly better in position 3.  I never tried it without the antenna connected to see if anything changes.  I will try that and let you know.  Also, I did not program the range check as that will only run the battery down faster.  it does the same thing when you try to input a command.  If it's out of range the little satellite icon will disappear.  Actually, it could be a bad antenna but I had nothing to compare it to.

Thanks for the help.  Sorry it took so long to get back to you but I have not had a chance to check the site.

Accessdenied, sorry to hijack your post again but just an update.

I did try to disconnect the antenna but when I did that I could not operate the alarm using the remote at all.  So it does appear that the antenna is operating properly.  I have been looking at the Autopage RS1000 OLED.  Do you have any experience with that one?  Do you know if the range is any better?

Pioneer AVIC-Z1, JL 8W3V2, XR650CSi, 300/4, 250/1, Bluetooth, XM, A/V switch, Backup Cam, Autopage RS-1000
accessdenied 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, an update:

After installing the alarm, I noticed the sideview mirror puddle lights does not light up anymore when disarming. However the factory keyless remote, when pressing the unlock button, lights up the interior dome AND puddle lights. Also both works after the ignition is turned off.

As I understand it, the unlock wire disarms the factory alarm and could be similar to how the factory keyless unlock functions.... maybe....

Does anyone know the location of the puddle lights wire or got this working on the 06 Sienna Limited? I do have the dome supervision wire connected from the aftermarket alarm and works fine on unlock but no puddle lights. One would figure they are both on the same wire or relay circuit.

Also, regarding the defroster wire? Well the 04-05 Sienna wiring diagram has this info so I going to check this out on the 06 model if it s correct. Kind of strange this info is not include in the 06 sienna wring diagram...

Rear Window Defrost = YELLOW /GREEN (-) TOP RIGHT OF FUSEBOX RELAY

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  

i would go to the actual light. and check it there.  Read the color and go to the kick panel and see if its there too. it wouldn;t tie in with the factory system like you think it would.  you would need your own pulses.

accessdenied 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  

Damn.. I was hoping NOT to go inside the driver door... and yes this will definately require separate pulse OR, depending on what kind of wire I find (+/- ), just diode isolate with the dome supervision (-) output wire so both works when unlocking.

Anyone else have an idea?

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
yep you answered your own question.  as soon as you find your wire look for that same wire in your kick panel to hopefully avoid running a wire all the way through.
accessdenied 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure if it's worth all the work and time. Everything is all tuck away already...2006 toyota sienna limted - Page 3 -- posted image.
accessdenied 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2007 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
Also noticed the factory alarm uses the hazard lights instead of the parking lights as flash indicators which is cool since the sideview mirrors has amber color, arrow-shaped turn indicators connected to the turn signal/hazard circuit.
accessdenied 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2007 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, another update.
I notice a new issue regarding the automatic headlight switch and the parking lights.
When the headlight switch is set to automatic, the parking light wire [(-)GREEN/ BLACK at the headlight switch] do not work or seems to be cut off from normal operation as alarm flash indicators. No parking lights flash at all!!
Strange thing is if the remote start is active, the parking lights work (flashing or steady - depends on alarm setting)
If the headlight switch is in the off position, then the parking lights work normally. This also solves the other issue of the headlights not turning off after a RS has timed out or manually shutdown. It really sucks to have to remember to manually shutoff the head every time.
This was solved as I already relayed (interrupted) the purple wire from headlight switch harness as mentioned here in one of the post but this is when I noticed this parking light issue. It could also be a coincidence.
I believe this has nothing to do with the purple (sensor) wire and is how the automatic headlight sensor circuit works in Toyota vehicles in general.
And this happens day or night.
Can someone verify if they can get the parking lights to flash on lock or unlock when the headlight switch is set to automatic???
This is a really strange behavior....
Thanks!!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic