icon

is the alphasonik brand any good?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
csnut18 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2007 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys I was wondering if people on this forum think of alphasonik highly in regards to sound quality and reliability in general. I have a large discount on them due to a relative of mine but I was looking for a honest non biased opinion. Thank you
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 21, 2007 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
No, not in general.  But they are some sweet looking amps and worth doing some experimenting with.  I wouldn't buy a boatload until I'm convinced of their worth, though.  They are an Audiobahn product.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
csnut18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2007 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
Il tell you the truth, you just scared me big time when you told me it was audiobahn. I was thinking of putting a new system in my 06 rsx type s with all audiobahn components but now I dont know anymore. I don't have the luxury of experimenting because even though I get it cheaper it will still be a huge waist of money. Do you think it will sound worse than upper range infinity, jbl, or kicker speakers and amps? Thank you as always
csnut18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2007 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
In my last post when I said all audiobahn i meant alphasonik but I guess its basically the same anyways
stevdart 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 21, 2007 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  

I wouldn't buy into anything in the Audioabahn family.  Alphasonic wears a sports coat as opposed to Audiobahn which flies in your face with the grill and diamond earings, but the production is on the same line.  Kicker is not what it used to be.  Of those choices I would look at what JBL and Infinity have.

Quite honestly, if you use any amp based on what it CAN do rather than what it TELLS you it can do, you can have a fine system.  The speakers, on the other hand, have to be listened to in more than one environment for you to decide if that is the sound you want in your car.  You shouldn't make a decision based on discounts or relatives in the business.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
csnut18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2007 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
yeah and plus i didn't get the impression that alphasonik was user freindly and the amps have the rca and power connections right next to each other which is a nono. Il tell you the truth I was only looking at alphasonik because of the discount. I was always looking at other stuff as well. Right now what do you think about kicker ks6.2 components in the front doors with ks60 coaxials in the rear side panels with one of their subs in a custom qlogic enclosure for my car. I think I will power all this with a kicker zx700.5 amp. I am particularly interested on your opinion of the ks6.2 component set in regards to sound quality and how much better do you think this setup will sound then the stock bose that came with the 06 rsx type s. Also I should add that I will be getting a eclipse headunit with a minimum 5 volt preout.
stevdart 
Posted: March 21, 2007 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  

1.  Props on the head unit choice.

2.  Will definitely sound better than the stock Bose.

3.  I'm not familiar enough with Kicker or some of the other manufacturer's latest lineups to advise on choice.  Any forum members who know the current choices better can step in and give an opinion.

csnut18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2007 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks steve I appreciate your help
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
what kind of music do you listen to most?
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  

my friend has the coaxials in his truck and i dont really like them, highs are really sharp. they are good for getting loud and taking power but the SQ isnt all that good. ive had good luck with jbl and eclipse speakers.

two 12" cadence TXW-12S, cadence TXA-3002 amplifier, 1990 toyota celica system 10 speakers
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic