icon

is the alphasonik brand any good?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
csnut18 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
you talking about the ks60's? Yeah well they arent that expensive it's just the kicker amp really works out for me cause it's 70 watts at 4 ohms for all 4 channels plus the sub channel can be used at 2 ohms to produce 420 watts. infity and jbl produce a 6 channel that is not nearly as good as the kicker and it's way less powerful. saying that i also like to have everything from the same company when I put stuff in. Thats why I had alphasonik on my list as they make a 5 channel that has great specs at least. I know that memphis makes that belle which is 5 channel and powerful but it's way more money. Anyone have any other ideas?
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
csnut18 wrote:
yeah and plus i didn't get the impression that alphasonik was user freindly and the amps have the rca and power connections right next to each other which is a nono.
Why would you think that? Eclipse, Nakamichi, Zapco... They've all been doing that same thing for years, with no issues... ALL of my Eclipse amps are set this way... All connections on one end of the amp. All of the decks you might look at have the RCAs right next to the power.
All I am saying is that there have been many discussions about this very fallicy, and some even here on this forum. Don't NOT buy the Alphasonik for that reason. There are so many OTHER reasons not to buy it!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
prophesybh 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
I have Two Alphasonik PSW812J pushed by a Alphasonik PMA600HCA and for the price I paid I think It was well worth it.  Not sure what db level I'm hitting but they hit hard.  Haven't had any problem with clipping, overheating, destortion.
Don't Ask Questions When You Already Know The Answer!!!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic