06 mazda3 gs, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrcanngo 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

If possible, i'd really appreciate someone helping me program my dei 1100f Pats/Securilock transponder for my car.  I'm not sure what installation mode i'm suppose to use for my car.  The directions don't really make sense to me.  Here is what it says:

Step 1: This procedure determines whether the module will operate using the conventional manner using the ground when running signal or a data type connection not used in this application.

Caution: for security purposes this step is programmable only once. Please ensure the proper mode is activated.

Than it goes on to say i need to choose between Unused and Standard installation mode.  Which is which? is standard the data type mode? or vice versa.

In any event, i have no idea which selection i'm suppose to make and don't wanna screw it up since i only get once chance of doing it.  There is also a Factory reset i can do but i'm under the impression the factory reset doesn't reset this step does it?

Thank you for any help on this. Oh, and incase anyone missed it, i have a 2006 Mazda3 GS Sedan.

Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  

At the transponder at ignition barrel: TX=WHITE/ Green, RX=Gray/Orange.

Use STANDARD installation mode meaning that you'll trigger the 1100F via a groundout from the remote starter.

You need two original pre-programmed transponder keys. Clones will not work.

Here are the steps. PGM button refers to the programming button on the 1100.

1Unplug all connectors from 1100 then connect all wires in vehicle.
2Plug 4-pin connector into 1100.
3Press & release PGM button once or twice to select STANDARD mode - 2 green led flashes.
4Press & hold PGM button and wait. LED GREEN on for 2 seconds then off.
5Release PGM button.
6Insert first key and turn IGN on until security light in dash turns off. 
7Turn IGN off and remove key.
8Insert second key and turn IGN on until security light in dash turns off.
9Turn IGN off and remove key.
10Press and release PGM button. Remote start the vehicle, let it run for at least 15 seconds. Then shut down remote start.
11Re-test again: Remote start the vehicle, let it run for at least 15 seconds.

Steps 6 to 10 have to be done within 3 seconds of each other, otherwise it'll exit programming.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2007 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
Wow, thank you very much!
BTW, where is the "ground when running wire"? in the 06 mazda3 gs?
what colour?
gtchida 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2007 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  

Ground while running should be from your alarm/remote start harness. What system do you have?

Gary

mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2007 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged  
I have a HuaTai 800.
ON the DEI 1100F tech sheet i'm suppose to connect the Blue/white wire (coming from the bypass module) to a wire in my car that is "Ground When Running". I just don't know where that particular wire is. Are you saying i need to hook that up to my alarm system somehow?
mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2007 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged  

Hi to all the electronic car experts out there.

I have a 06 mazda3 GS model that uses a single wire for lock and unlock. From what i understand, the "Lock" needs to be grounded through a 1kohm resistor in order for my aftermarket alarm to work with it.  After doing so, my priority unlock doesn't work anymore. 

Here is my question, how can i get this feature back? I know its been talked about in some depth but i was wondering if anyone had already done it or knows how to do it for a mazda3 06.  From what i understand, the priority unlock is triggered via some sort of "short" pulse from the factory alarm and when hitting the unlock button on original remote twice, it unlocks all doors.

Is there someway to wire a relay inbetween to achieve this? I've read the PDF on "negative trigger priority door unlock" but i think accordin to the sheet, i need actuators that do unlock and lock wiht seperate wires.  Although i'm not entirley sure about this.  Anyhelp woudl be much appreciated!

Thank you.

mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2007 at 6:13 AM / IP Logged  
you need to put a relay between the driver door unlock motor wire
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2007 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  
You might be able to use the BLACK/ white (-) disarm wire to achieve this. I think that wire with one pulse will unlock the drivers door, and with a second extended pulse will unlock the rest.
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 23, 2007 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  

Yes. DEI uses "STATUS" to describe this wire whereas most others use "GROUNDOUT".

This is coming from the remote starter and it's a wire that sends a constant ground (not pulsed like the disarm wire).

It's the very first wire to be activated the instant you press the remote start button on your remote.

This is where it gets its name from: Ground out, because it's a ground output. It's like an activation or turn-on signal.

If you have a PDF of your remote starter then upload it into the "Downloads" area of this site so we can have a look.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2007 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
I dont have a pdf but i can make one when i get to my g/f's house. I'll borrow her scanner and upload it into the downloads section. I just noticed now that on my alarm tech sheet i have a wire that says:
"Remote Start (-) Output to Bypass Module"
Is this where i'm suppose to hookup the "ground when running" wire (from the bypass module)
So Basically
Ground When Running Wire on Bypass Module Side
To
Remote Start (-) Output to Bypass Module Wire on Alarm Side.
Thanks!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic