< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 23, 2007 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  

That's right:

Ground When Running Wire on Bypass Module Side

To
Remote Start (-) Output to Bypass Module Wire on Alarm Side.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
mrcanngo 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2007 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  

How can i change different types of pulses on my alarm? I think via  a relay and capictors of sorts? I'm fairly new to all this could you explain a bit?

When you say connect inbetween unlock motor with relay i think i sorta get the idea.  It means i need to actually cut one of the unlock wires on the actual motor somewhere and put a relay between it?

If so, i was under the impression that this car only has one wire for lock and unlock, if i do that wouldnot i be effecting the lock somehow?

Thanks for the replies guys!

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2007 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  

What kind of alarm ar you using?....almost all of the newer name brand stuff has to option to change the door lock pulses.

With the relay setup, you would find the wire that only unlocks the drivers door....This is gonna be a (+)  and will be WHITE/ black in the drivers kick coming from door harness. The relay would go as follows. Cut the WHITE/ black wire in half......The switch side would go to 87a. The other half would go to 30. 86 And 87 get constant 12 volts. 85 would be the (-) drivers door priority from alarm.

The one wire setup  is actually just sending a (-) pulse to  relays that go to the motor wires of the actuator....so, no...doing this will  not affect the lock and unlock.

mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2007 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  
the alarm i'm using is called a Huatai 800 or something like that. Ebay purchased.
Your right, it does have the function of doing single and double pulses to unlock. Right now it is set as default for single pulse.
I understand your directions about how to wire the relay. Should i just wire it exactly as you said and not care about how it works? As you stated before, i need a "second extended pulse" to unlock the rest of the doors. By doing what you told me to do i dont understand how the "second extended pulse" is going to work. Wont my alarm just send a second pulse simliar to the first?
In addition, i need to fuse the 86 and 87 right? What rating should i use? spade fuse of sorts?
Thank you and sorry for my ignorance.
mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2007 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry i forgot to mention that according to my tech sheet my priority unlock is BLACK/ white and is a negative wire.
How does that change your instructions you sent me?
mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2007 at 2:58 AM / IP Logged  
Oh forgot to ask something else about remote starting this vehicle. I have a purple wire coming form my alarm that says i need to hook it up to:
"battery charging indicator wire or Engine oil Pressure Indicator Wire (the polarity of this wire is negative before engine start and positive after engine started)"
I'm assuming that this is a tach wire? located on the injectors?
I sure hope i'm write or else i just waisted 2 hrs of my life running the wire through the firewall to do that.
mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2007 at 3:04 AM / IP Logged  
I had a friend that is pretty good with electronics tell me something about power windows the other day. To sum it up he said:
When you use your power windows and the windows is either rolled up all the way or down all the way, there is a sensor in it that will tell the control to cut the power off to it so that i don't end up burning up the motors.
Someone from the mazda3forums who is trying to help me out right now says that i shouldn't hookup my alarm that has a "power window output" wire (-) to my power windows cause everytime i arm my alarm my windows will roll up and could burn out the motors of the power windows if i set it up like that.
Which person is right? The second person told me that i could use that wire and hook it up to some sort of window roll up and down module that DEI makes.
I was really hoping that i could somehow just believe the first guy and hook it up to my power windows so that every time i armed my car my alarm would automatically roll up all the windows.
Please help, thank you.
xtremeaudio 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2007 at 4:52 AM / IP Logged  
all you do just install dei 530t for wind roll up and down i do a lot dei 530t for the window so far in 5 year i do install i don't any one come back for burn motors
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2007 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  

First, i need to know if this alarm even has the capability of doing drivers door priority locking. If it does, there will be two unlock wires on the alarm. If it doesn't, there is no way i know of to do this. One for drivers door priority, and 1 for the rest. Also, i need to know if you can change the unlock pulse length. I know you say it has double pulse, but that will not help us. As mentioned above the second pulse has to be extended....it will not work with a normal unlock pulse. So, heres the idea......the drivers door priority wire would go to the BLACK/ white (-) disarm wire of the vehicle. The other unlock wire would go to that same wire. So when you hit unlock the first time on the transmitter, it will send a (-) to the BLACK/ white wire.....this would unlock just the drivers door. When you hit unlock on the tx again, a second extended pulse would go to the BLACK/ white wire,this would unlock all of the other doors. This is just the way the vehicle is set up.

So, it the alarm does have a way to set up drivers door priority, but not a way to change the pulse length...you can still do this, but using the door lock motor wires, which is that relay setup i gave you.....and is completely different than the first option ( the first setup is definately the easier of the two) and would use the WHITE/ black unlock motor.

If you have a link to the install manual, or have a way to e-mail it, let me know....that would help out alot.

mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2007 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
yeah that sounds good and all but does that confirm what my fried says about power windows having a sensor that can tell if a window is already rolled up and down? Does the sensor just turn off the motor so that it prevents from burning? When i hold the switch all the way up i dont' hear it doing anything.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic