icon

06 mazda3 gs, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrcanngo 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2007 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
Well i did as you told me to but the problem is that the actuator is too strong. When i slam my trunk down, the actuators stiffness is what stops the spring inside the latch from closing.
I tried my design of relays too and it just made the actuator sound like it had some sort of sudden shock.
Does anyone else know how to program my actuator so that it opens and closes all in one shot?
Thanks.
mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 3:10 AM / IP Logged  

While were on topics about trunks, could someone tell me if i did something wrong?

When i set my alarm, i open the trunk with my key and my pager alarm goes off and notifies me that the trunk has been opened. This tells me that the trunk trigger was hooked up properly right?

Problem: when i go to unarm my pager alarm and open the trunk, it works but if i keep my trunk opened too long, the alarm goes back to "locked" mode.  I figure this is because somewhere in the manual it says that if no one enters the car, the alarm will arm once again.  That said, if i open the trunk and don't close it fast enough, it will go back to arm mode and alarm will start sounding because it thinks that someone just opened up  my trunk.

I didn't diode isolate my trunk trigger as i'm a complete newb and thought i just had to do it with my door triggers.  Should i diode isolate the trunk and is that the reason why my alarm is ringing?

Or, is this a stupid flaw in the alarm system?

mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2007 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
still wondering about these issues. Can anyone help?
mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2007 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  
I've had great success from all the help on this forums. I would like to have some help with a new idea that may or may not work. I wish the stupid manufacturer of the alarm would just answer my emails but they refuse to so i end up having to come up with these ideas to solve my rather simple problems i have with my alarm. Without any further ado, here is my challange:
Scenario: I tied my alarm parking lights into my hazard lights. When i hit unlock or lock, the (-) coming from the alarm pulses and makes my lights flash either once for lock or twice for unlock. This is great!
Problem: When i remote start the car, the same lights start flashing but it continues to flash every 2 seconds. According to the manual, this is suppose to do this but is very annoying at night time. I dont' really want to call attention to everyone on the block while my hazards are continually flashing.
Proposed solution: I would like some sort of relay and/or diode that could restrict the voltage coming through after a certain amount of time. I would ideally like for the alarm only to flash during my unlock/lock of the car. I do not want it to continually flash after i remote start the car.
Any suggestions or other ideas?
Thank you in advance!
Mad Scientists 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2007 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  

It all depends on how things are wired, but I'd probably look at doing something like driving a relay with the alarm output and tying the coil ground to something that's negative when the engine is off, but goes to +12v when the engine is running.. the coil loses it's ground when the engine is running and the relay opens, turning off the flashing lights.

Or, you could use a voltage sense setup that opens the circuit when the voltage goes over +13v.

Jim

mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2007 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
THanks,
Both sound like very good ideas. How do i use a voltage sensing relay?
mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2007 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
Your idea just gave me an idea! How bout if i do this, tie in the hazards to the siren via a relay.
Tie in, lock and unlock via relays to the hazards as well. Maybe its stupid to have 3 relays just to achieve this effect but do you think that would work?
Is it bad to have too many relays setup in a car??
mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2007 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged  
Came up with another idea i wanted to run past you guys.
Pin 87: Nothing
Pin 86: Air Condition Wire from Alarm that gives 12V when car is started
Pin 85: Ground
Pin 30: Negative pulse from Alarm System that gives power to hazards
Pin 87a: Hazard Light Wire in Car.
I think this would work but my only concern is the Air Con wire. Is there a better wire besides this?
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 18, 2007 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  

You can use either the ignition or accessory wire from the car to power the relay.   This will prevent the alarm from having any control of the hazard lights if the ignition is on.  You don't necesarrily have to use the outputs from the remote start (although they will be common with the wiring in the car, so it would probably be a good idea to tap the remote start wires to prevent multiple splices in the OEM wiring).

I can't think of a single instance where you would want the alarm to flash the lights if the ignition is already on.

Kevin Pierson
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic