< Prev Topic Next Topic >
upzaw2000 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2007 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
i was made an example huh, will fix later
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2007 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  

upzaw2000 wrote:
i was made an example huh, will fix later

??

subwoofer, what do i choose - Page 2 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
upzaw2000 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2007 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
weird, i was looking at the post from work and it all looked like html srcpt and then sd a msg at the bottom that said, please dont copy and past from micrsoft word...... lol i dont know but it isnt showing up like that anymore.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2007 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
I fixed your post. Anyone that pastes formated HTML from Word into their post will see what you saw. Please do not repost your message.
subwoofer, what do i choose - Page 2 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2007 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
upzaw2000 wrote:
Wow, wasn’t expecting to get the bashing I got, but I suppose it was deserved.
I'm sorry there ace. I didn't attack you directly... pardon the assault on the neophyte question. I'm very helpful, just kinda smug about it. subwoofer, what do i choose - Page 2 -- posted image.
upzaw2000 wrote:
When I say I want punch I am really just wanting a Higher SPL (at low hertz).
Oh we got that part.
upzaw2000 wrote:
I don’t really wants a ported box because I am afraid that it will just be louder instead of just getting low hertz.
Right see that is exactly backwards. If you want subs to 'drop' then you *want* a ported box. If the enclosure is constructed properly, the benefit is not one of volume, the benefit is in extended bass-response. The port is tuned to a certain frequency, and that frequency determines the overall response of the speaker system... in the case of a sealed box you place a defacto 6db/octave slope on entire response curve, so you really *do* lose those low frequencies you're looking for. Only an improperly constructed ported enclosure will produce *less* low end than a sealed enclosure. Any given pair of 12's will have great low end if you stick them in a ~2.5 cft box and port it to 35hz.
upzaw2000 wrote:
I have a enclosed box 3 feet wide - 1.5 tall – and 1 foot deep at botton and and 6 inch deep at top.
You didn't provide enough information for this to be useful..i.e. telling us how thick the wood is that was used to build the box... and that is an awful lot of boring math to do.
upzaw2000 wrote:
The alpines I have now have the ability to get “loud” at a higher hertz, but then they stop losing there use as a subwoofer and become just a really large mid-low speaker.
The alpine 605 gives you great control over the subs, hertz and all but the alpine type e’s cant handle the lower hertz.
I'll tell ya what. If you go out and post a link to the owners manuel/pdf for those Alpine subs, I'll graph the subs for you in WinISD and show you some possibilities.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 02, 2007 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
My friend had a couple of the older white cone Type E subs in a big prefab ported box and a Coustic 400DB amp...400 watts to those subs and they were banging..cept for the crappy high tuned ported box.
Type E's like big ported boxes..like 4-5 cu ft for a couple 12's
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic