icon

2006 mustang door triggers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kmzeidler 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
I know this has been posted before but no explanations have been told in previous threads.
I have a 2006 mustang that I just installed a clifford avantguard 5.1 g5 alarm into. I have a few problems and they seem to be normal problems yet I do not know how to resolve them.
-Remote start works if you locked or unlocked in the last 30 minutes. Otherwise it does not work and the alarm occasionaly goes off.
-When door opens the alarm does not go off, when you close it the alarm goes off.
-The trigger wire is wired into the dome supervision.
Would taking the seperate negative door triggers and diode isolating them with 1 amp diodes correct both of my problems? Why wont the remote start work after the bcm shuts down or what not.
thanks,
kevin
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  
It almost sounds like you have the alarms door trigger going to one of the latch wires of the vehicle.....the wires rest at (-) and when the door opens goes to open...this would explain why the alarm goes off when you shut the door. The vehicle does not have normal (-) trigger door trigger wires that you can use.On the mustangs, i use lt/green yellow dome supervision at the smart junction box on passenger side.Its on the back side of the sjb in the top plug, or the wire can be found in the big harness running across the pass. firewall towards pass kick.
kmzeidler 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  
i'll check that out, but it should be on the dome supervision wire.
would it be better to just diode isolate the 2 trigger wires and do it that way.
Could this cause the RS to not work after the bcm shuts down?
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
Just diode isolating the 2 latch wires won't do anything, because the door latch wires (door triggers) do not send a (-) when the doors are open. They show (-) when the door is shut, and then when you open a door the wires go to open.....or nothing. As for the not working after 30 minutes, i'm not sure what would cause that, the mustang doesn't fall asleep like some of the other Ford vehicles. When you try to remote start after 30 minutes, what happens? Does the remote start click, and act like it's gonna start, does anything in the vehicle power up?
kmzeidler 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
the lights flash and then it does not try to start or anything.
kmzeidler 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
it looks as if the alarm goes off from teh door pins. It says it does when the led flashes. So it seems as if the door pins work correctly. I dont have any intermittent problems. It is the Remote Start problem that I am having.
1456wires 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2007 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

i posted a page on another sire using 10k resistors and diodes. It worked 100%.Here is the link

http://www.canadiancaraudio.com/online/install-related/21696-05-06-mustang-door-pins-question.html

I'll post the diagram from work in the morning

kmzeidler 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 1:51 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah please post the diagram and exactly what to do because this problem is annoying the heck outta me.
Would this fix the remote start by chance? My lights flash 4 times when i go to use the remote start after 30 mins of the car being off. I tried it leaving the key in the ignition and RS'ing after 30 mins and did the same thing. Somehow the bcm shutdown is screwing it up. Possibly fixing the triggers might work?
thanks,
kevin
kmzeidler 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
i saw the diagram on the other forum, correct me if i am wrong.
I wire in two diodes IN4001 band facing away from the ecu
splice off the 2 wires on the band side and go to the alarm
Throw 12v constant to each wire that the diode is on with 10k resistors.
Questions...
Do I only need to use 2 diodes?
Can i just tap into the wires with some scotch blocks or t-taps and have it be sufficient?
kmzeidler 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2007 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
anyone know how to fix this problem. The diode/resister thing did not solve the problem unless i did it incorrectly.someone help me out a little bit more I may have wired it in wrong.
RECAP!
Alarm Is not affected by the opening or closing of door.
Remote start will not work after 30 minutes unless you open or close a door.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic