icon

2006 mustang door triggers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
custom audio ny 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2007 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  

Ok..you definatly have a problem and I feel for you. It is difficult to troubleshoot this specific problem not being under the dash but I will attempt with some advice.

You should only be using the domelight supervision wire for door trigger which is negative,  light green w/ yellow located at the smart junction box in the gray 26 pin plug, pin 25 , so forget all the diode stuff..not neccesary on that vehicle. If you did this already and are still having problems it should only be 2 possible causes... you are connected to the positive door trigger input wire of the R/S brain..which would cause some of the issues you describe...or there is another problem with the unit or it's wiring.

Of course I assume you doubled checked everything with a DMM..a few times to verify all your main connections are reading as they should be and you have a good solid paint free ground.

As far as it not remote starting properly....well if it is remote starting at all..which you cliam it does..it is pretty safe to assume your main power wires are good and the brain is functioning. So we need to delve into what prevents the unit from remote starting..plain and simple. If all your shutdown wires are proper we have to look elsewhere.

One possibility..for some reason that remote start unit will not start if the door trigger wire has a signal on it..which would happen if you used the wrong door trigger wire. I have not seen this..usually the hood wire only prevents remote starting..but to check if this problem is related to the door..disconnet the trigger wire and see if the problem persists.

Another possiblity is the starting problem is unrelated to the door trigger problem..so I would look towards the bypass module as a culprit...check the wiring to that and try a different brand or type bypass module if it appears suspect.

Hope this helped..if not at least I tried.

Best of luck with it. 

Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
ASE/MECP master certified
kmzeidler 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2007 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
Everything is hooked up exactly to what it should be and i test with the dmm about 100 million times. The problem with the door triggers falses out the r/s. I have read about it before.
kmzeidler 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2007 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
Car remote starts if I unlock the car first.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2007 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

When you unlock with the transmitter?If so, and  you have a starter kill installed, it sounds like you may have the starter wire of the remote start on the wrong side of the stater kill.

custom audio ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2007 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
Good call mikvot.....might be it. I just did an RS/security in  an 07 Saleen extreme mustang with no glitches at all.
Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
AirWaveGT 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2007 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  
i'd also check to make sure that you have the disarm wire hooked up correctly
custom audio ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  
I don't know about that one..I would think the factory alarm would start honking if the disarm wire was wrong.
Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
kmzeidler 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  
If the starter kill was on the wrong side it most likely would not start at all. And it starts perfect before the bcm does a shut down. however 30 mins later you must unlock it first with the transmitter.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
kmzeidler wrote:
If the starter kill was on the wrong side it most likely would not start at all.
  Not true at all. when the car is armed, the starter connection is broken. If the starter wire of the remote start is on the ignition side of the starter kill, then the car would not remote start when the car is armed. If the starter wire of the remote start was on the starter side of the starter kill, then it would never see a broken connection, and would allow the car to start no matter what.

I've never heard of a bcm shutting down like this on a mustang, even if this were true, when the car is remote started 12 v is supplied to the ignition which in turn would wake the (sleepy bcm). I work on a ford lot, and have done 15 or so remote starts on mustangs, and about 300 alarms and have never seen a problem like this. I would definately recommend taking the car to a professional and have them diagnose the problem.

custom audio ny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  

mikvot is on the money again..and as far as the BCM sleeping I am also unaware of that on these later fords...The GEM can have a problem with alarms due to falling asleep.,.but the only sympton that causes (I used to go thru this with some of the f150's and exploders) is it would not let the doors unlock with the remote until woken up...nothing to do with remote starting. These mustangs have whats called an SJB..smart junction box....never heard of falling asleep issues with those.

Using the domelight supervision wire eliminates the need to diode isolate the 2 door wires and can prevent false alarming in some cases but still within all reason should have nothing to do with remote start problems. Unless something new and strange is on this mustang and not on any other I have worked on.

Custom Audio
Lynbrook NY
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic