icon

problem with sony xplod

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
qmw54 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
i have a sony xplod 1200w hooked to some 10's. going down the road the other day the bass cut off for a few mins (3 or 4) then came back ... played fine for a week or so. then the other day i had the volume cut up not extremely high. and the bass cut off again ... never came back ... i checked all the wires ... all the door speakers are still working fine they never cut off.... but i smelt the amp and it didnt smell like it fried ... the power light comes on green so the amp is getting good power and isnt in safe mode its like the signal just went bye bye .... so if any one has any idea of what happened or if its even fixable .. throw your ideas out ..... thanks qmw54
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
2 10's wired how...... ? What model Sony amp? You might be asking a bit too much from those little sony watts. Ckeck the impedance of the subs as you have them wired, then make sure the amp can deliver at that resistance.
qmw54 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
2 pioneer svc 10's ... cheap really .. 100 watt rms ... 4 ohm
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2007 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
what impedance are your woofers? Single 4 ohm drivers?
is this by chance a 4 channel amp?
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2007 at 6:19 AM / IP Logged  
Model numbers. please... Series or parallel wired? Bridged or not (if a multi-channel amp).
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 06, 2007 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
Does anyone see a pattern here with the questions.....? problem with sony xplod -- posted image.
omegavolpe 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2007 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
ok, first off, did you bridge the amplifer?  if so check the fuses on the amp and make sure their not blown.  your amp is 4ohm mono stable and 2 ohm stereo stable.  so if you bridge the amp with the two subs you have you would achieve a 2 ohm momo load which is below recommended specs.  don't bridge the amp instead put both subs to one channel (the left side preferably) and run is stereo, the amp will still get hot but won't go into protection as fast (like an hour if amp is vented correctly).  second did you check your connections at the battery for a loose connection.  while your there check the fuse that should be connected 6 inches from the battery, if you installed one inline with the power cable.  if its a AGU fuse, inspect the inside part of the glass and check for any burn marks.  if you purchased an inexpensive wiring kit, the fuses have a tendency to be defective.  replace it and try it again.  finally make sure your remote wire going to the amplifer has a solid connection, it could be a faulty connection behind the radio or at the amp.  if you still can't seem to find the problem, take it to a local shop and get a system check performed.  they should be able to diagnose the problem and at least give you some guidance from that point.
qmw54 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2007 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
as far as i kno the amp is just a sony xplod 1200w ..... did not have the amp bridged and had the speaker hooked up the only way i kno how to hook up svc speakers ... the + on the amp to the + on the speaker the - on the amp to the - on the speaker ... didnt get the subs and amp to blow me out the car just got them to level out the sound ... now i am getting into it a lil bit more im now thinking about getting to new subs and amp ... but would hate to throw a good amp in the closet just cuzz im to stupid to not try andd find out whats wrong with it ...
qmw54 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2007 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
oh and i for got no its a 2 ch. amp ... 200 watt rms per ch. or at least thats what the specs said... 4 ohm stable and so are the subs
tubbs04 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2007 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  

amp sounds like an xm2002gtr...

...don't crush the weasel...
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic