icon

priority door setup gone bad

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
If you repaired the blown trace, does the module work again? Sounds like the module ended up being the fuse-
You wrote:
I applied a 12V jumper to the R/O (163) wire and it did nothing.
When you did this did you already cut the wire and apply it to the driver door motor side of the cut? That should have unlocked the driver door. The factory system maintains a ground connection on all the inputs until it gets a lock or unlock command, so it should have done something, unless you tried putting 12V on the other side of the cut.
If you didn't cut it yet, then putting 12V on either side would surely fry the poor thing, since it's trying keep it at ground by default.
icarus_icarus 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  

I can't find my lil soldering iron, so haven't tried to fix the trace yet. I don't know if I can anyways as the one side is among a bunch of diodes and resistors. It's a dual sided board.

yes, I did apply the 12V before cutting it... I was being absent minded like I mentioned :(

·Ď˘ĺrµ§·
priority door setup gone bad - Page 2 -- posted image.
dualsport 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
Not sure if you meant you were planning to use just solder to bridge the gap but if you can figure out where the trace is blown, you should be able to trace the connections on both sides of the break to a component or some other location that you can add a separate wire to restore the connection.
It said in your diagram that it's solid state, but if it uses relays, you might luck out and get it working again by fixing the connection.
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 4:43 AM / IP Logged  

I can see where the one side goes easily (to a relay), but the other has a group of dioides and resistor on it so I'm not 100% sure. I'm pretty sure its the end diode in the bunch, but it's right beside this other stuff (like 1mm, and almost against a connector) so I don't think I'm going to bother screwing with it as another module is on it's way here... If I find my other soldering iron, maybe I'll muck around with it... see what else I can fry ;) lol...

·Ď˘ĺrµ§·
dualsport 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 7:42 AM / IP Logged  
Well, if you don't muck with it, send it over to me, I could use it in my car- priority door setup gone bad - Page 2 -- posted image.
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  
You have a Mark VIII as well?
·Ď˘ĺrµ§·
dualsport 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged  
No, a Saab, but figure it'd just take some jury rigging-
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  

oh, lol... I may try to jumper it. Maybe I'll do that and test out the setup with the 'fixed' module and swap out the other after for long term reliabilty?! I have to go in today for some medical tests etc. so won't get to it till the weekend now though...

·Ď˘ĺrµ§·
peterubers 
Silver - Posts: 706
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
that's amazing that the relay onboard fried before an in-line fuse did... 
The search function is your friend.
icarus_icarus 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
It wasn't the relay, it was the trace between it and a diode it looks like... I didn't notice any fuses in the module.
·Ď˘ĺrµ§·
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic