icon

way to keep subwoofers from blowing?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  

Think about the FDA and FTC's hush-hush abilities...

A little off topic.

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
Freedom of speech? Only if you fight for it.way to keep subwoofers from blowing? - Page 3 -- posted image.
2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2007 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  

I'm not old.......

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 4:23 AM / IP Logged  

heamphyst wrote:
people suing McDonalds because they are too stupid to know that the coffee they just ordered was HOT, as it SHOULD be, and they shouldn't dump it into their LAP...

As a future trial lawyer, it amazes me the number of times I hear this repeated. 

heamph, there is a difference between 'hot' and 'boiling.'  This poor woman was served coffee that was boiling in a styrofoam container.  While she *may* have been partially negligent, a convincing legal argument was made that the temperature of her coffee was the primary reason she dropped it.

McDonalds, in 1986 when this happened, had also had more than 700 previous known incidients of scalding coffee.  They had kept thier coffee more than 20 degrees hotter than any other competetion.

Furthermore, this wasn't some sort of mild pain and a soiled dress.  The coffee was boiling heamph. 

The woman suffered third degree burns all over her legs.

McDonalds was absolutely negligent, in my opinion criminally.  She deserved every penny of her settlement.  Here, the system worked exactly as it was intended. 

http://www.siegfriedandjensen.com/cases.html#sub1

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
b1kshad0w 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2007 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I'd imagine something like this. First tons of people would do things like walk into power stations if you removed the fences. People would be opening their microwaves while the food is still cooking. The hospistals would have lines of people around them for awhile till all the people with no common sense were gone. (Trying to put it as nicely as possible.) I wonder if we would become more intelligent because people would be FORCED to do more thinking and reading of instructions.

Anyone have any more input on my idea of making fool proof subwoofers? Anyone have the time and equipment to try this out? Anyone have any ideas to add?

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic