icon

parrot 3200 acura rsx type s 06

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
csnut18 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2007 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
Hi everyone, I have a 2006 acura rsx type s with the bose system and I would like to install one of the parrot systems possibly the color one. I understand I will have to run the speaker wires from the parrot to the outputs of the factory bose amp to bypass it. My question is is their a way to wire the parrot's mute wire into this car? There is no factory mute button on the radio so I really have no clue how to handle this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
pitoaudiovisual 
Copper - Posts: 388
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2007 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
you can put a relay to the ignition wire. put the relay and the mute wire will turn off the radio but im not sure if the bose system will work once you mute the radio the way im saying that..
Confidence is the key to any project!!
porschemaniac 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2007 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
Try www.quickconnectproducts.com/donotcut.html
jlfn56 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2007 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  

Also try a company called Parrot Solutions.  www.hfvt.com all of their contact is on the site they also manufacture plug and play solutions they do a great job and I have been using them for my bluetooth and wiring harnesses on the east coast for a little while now. I call them with questions and they usually have the answers

integratyper934 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2007 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
dont put a relay to the radio.....thats lame. check for a mute on the factory radio, if there isnt one you can put a 30amp relay to the constant of the amp or better yet interupt the remote turn on. i believe its a white wire not positve though. just test at the amp under the seat.
integratyper934 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2007 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  

directechs says brown for amp turn on......but never know there wrong alot.

integratyper934 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2007 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
this may also help. you can take out the back seat cushion and pull the carpet forward and there is 2 harness' . one goes left and the other right. you can grab alot of the wires there. if i remember correctly all the speaker outputs and amp turn on are there(could be just the rears and tweeters no mids, just test first). might be easier and look cleaner than doing it at the amp....
csnut18 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2007 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
integratyper934, thanx for your informative reply. I just have a question for you though which might sound retarded but I am not a professional installer just a guy trying to save a few bucks doing these things himself. How would I wire up the relay to interrupt the remote turn on wire? I am not very knowlegeable as far as what terminal does what on a relay. Thank you so much

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic