icon

nerts speakers?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pmezo 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2007 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  

Has anyone heard of this brand of speakers?  I went to my local car audio store a hnd they sound great but I cant find anything about them when I search.  The guy told me that they're european competition speakers.  He said he goes to some show in Vegas every year and he picked them up there.  They had them on display and I loved them.  Anyone have idea knowledge of this company?

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2007 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  

Never heard of that.  You sure they didn't say " Hertz"?  If you can confirm the brand name and post here I'd be interested.

If you liked the way they sound and if the price is good for you then why not, go for it.  Hertz is a decent Italian brand, by the way, owned by Elettromedia  the same company as Audisson.

Support the12volt.com
pmezo 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2007 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
You know what... I bet anything that it was Hertz and I just wrote it down.  The store had a lot of Audison amps and that's what they recommend that I use with the speakers.  Is is good stuff? 
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2007 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, Audison is outstanding.  Hertz is very good as well.
Support the12volt.com
pmezo 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2007 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks!!  They sounded great in the store - I just wanted to make sure before I went and bought them since I never heard the name before.  Now I'm going to get them installed in my two week old G35 next week.  Can't wait!

Here's what my setup is going to be incase anyone was interested.  Let me know how you guys think this is going to sound.

- Solobaric 10'' L7 sub with Zenclosure custom G35 enclosure.

- Memphis16-MC1000D amp for the Solobaric
- Hertz EV165 6.5" Components for the fronts
- Hertz ECX165 6.5" two way coaxial for the rears
- Audison LRx 4 channel amp for fronts and rears
- Stock face with OEM integration  (I like the clean look of the stock radio)

Sooo what do you guys think?  One thing that I'm worried about is the bass - Is one  solobaric going to be enough?  I know this is a very hard question to answer because everyone has different opinions on bass levels, but let me know what you think if it was you.  I'm not looking for head exploding bass, but i definitely want  to feel the music too.  Thanks!

sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2007 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  

pmezo wrote:
One thing that I'm worried about is the bass - Is one  solobaric going to be enough?

My take on this... if your worried about it I'd go with something with a bit more bottom end.  Your top end looks awfully nice.. while the single solobaric would be great from a sound quality point of view.. I don't think it would really thump.  This is sort of a personal issue.. like you say everyone has different opinions on bass levels. 

I would be much happier going with *alot* more cone area.. especially paired to a giant memphis amp like that.

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
pmezo 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2007 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  

I actually already have the sub and the amp.  I actually have two solobarics but im only using one.  The problem is my extremely small trunk... G35's have barely any trunk room at all.  So what I did was I bought this..

http:///.com/ebaymotors/Infiniti-G35-G-35-Sub-Subwoofer-Box-Enclosure-Square_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38647QQihZ019QQitemZ290106066303QQtcZphoto

These are custom built boxes built just for g35 coupes.  I talked to the guy who builds/sold it to me and he said that he can only make an enclosure that can fit one solobaric.  There just isnt enough room in the trunk for two.

So since I already had the the two solobarics - i decided to buy the above enclosure and just use one of my solobarics.  I've heard really good things about the solobarics so im really hoping that one with a good memphis amp will be enough because im looking for some thumping.  Nothing too crazy, but definitely a good thump to it.

sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2007 at 4:16 AM / IP Logged  

Huh.  Those are really slick looking enclosures dude I'll give 'em that.

I mean I hope you're happy with it.  My reservation really stems from the fact that a single 10 in a sealed off trunk would ... even in the best of circumstances ... leave me a bit cold.  Still, you're in the best of circumstances.  Cars like that usually have lotsa sound deadening and you are using an enormous amplfier.

Best of luck to ya... I hope it works out.  Post back after you drop it in .. I'd be interested to know if you're happy or not.. u know, just you're subjective experience. 

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
DYohn 
Posted: April 22, 2007 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
Looks like a great sounding system to me, with the exception of the stock HU.  I understand wanting to keep it since this is a new car, but it is absolutely your weak link.  With that kind of amplifier power you are likely looking at needing a high-output alternator and at LEAST a Big-3 upgrade.  Enjoy!
Support the12volt.com
pmezo 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2007 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  

yeah i know the head unit is a weak spot too, but it's i'm going to keep it stock for now.  The way that the radio is set up in my car, I cant just pull it out and put another one in.  I'd have to change around the whole set up from the way the car is set up.  It's kind of hard to explain but i hope you get what i'm getting at.  I'd take pictures but i dont have a digital camera.

Do you think that stock radio is going to have much of a negative effect? 

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic