the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

windows automation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2007 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  

This for the boys & girls who do this often. I have a customer with an 07 silverado, new body style that wants the windows to be controlled via the remote. I am going to use a compustar pro. I did speak with compustar tech and he said the remote start brain can do it without additional parts. If someone can confirm or deny this will work please let me know. I have not done this in awhile, along while and it was not with a compustar pro.

Thanx

Jeremy

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2007 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
I'll answer my own question. Its not advisable to use the poc's off of the remote start controller as they are timed and they won't stop if someone decides to stick their finger out the window-ouch. Don't want anyone to loose a limb. back to the 529 or 530.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2007 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

One of the cool things DEI has(not saying others dont have it) is that it has a lock pulse out for windows rollup.  I do it for vehicles that have a windows roolup sensor in the door key cylindner.No need for the 529T's and 530's.  Just went into the actual doors and have also done it in german vehicles.  All I do is program the brain for that and im done.  As for the windows rolling up and jamming your fingers the feature stops as soon as your unlock the door.

1fkn1998accord 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2007 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
thats still harmfull....whats going to stop the window from going up if you can unlock your car via remote or if the remote battery dies out?
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2007 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

what will stop it is the unlock button.  when you press the lock it will work.  Now your gonna tell me that when you lock the door the remote can die? think about it, if you can lock it then you can certanly unlock with the remote.

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 30, 2007 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  

That can still be considered a liability.

Think of a Mom who leaves her windows down and car alarm disarmed.  It's a nice sunny day and the kids are outside playing in the car (like kids love to do).  The Mom's cell phone rings, she answers it, talks for a few mintues, then throws her phone back in her purse.  The phone hits her keys and alarm keyfob, pressing the 'ARM' button.  The system arms, the windows rise, just as little Johnny is reaching his head out to yell at his brother about something.

Now, the kid is in the car, the windows are going up, the keys are inside and the person with the keys doesn't even know the windows are moving, much less that her only son is about to be choked to death by her $300 alarm she just had installed.

Is this a long shot?  Yes.  Can it happen?  Yes.  Will the istaller be held liable?  That will be up to a court to decide.

That being said, there are a few cars that offer anti pinch through the key cylinder, with Nissan being one of them.  As far as I know Honda doesn't offer it, and I'm unsure of other manufacturers.

If you are going to use the key cylinder method to raise the windows you really should set up a two step command system.  The chances of someone accidently hitting two buttons in sequence accidently are greatly reduced compared to a one button setup.  The button sequence also gives the owner a bit of control over the windows, allowing them to arm the vehicle and leave the windows vented or even completely open.

Kevin Pierson
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2007 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  

I see your point but the question is, why does DEI add  comfort closure to their system if it can be a big liability?

KPierson 
Posted: May 30, 2007 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
I've never installed one, so I'm not sure what kind of literature they have with it.  Is it designed to be used on anti pinch systems or any system that has key cylinder controlled windows?
Kevin Pierson
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2007 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
yes it would be any system that has the key cylinder controlled windows.  It would installed like any lock/unlock wire but also tie in to the door usually.  DEI doesnt mention anything about safety in regards to this
KPierson 
Posted: May 31, 2007 at 5:10 AM / IP Logged  

That very surprising as DEI normally takes the conservative side when it comes to liability.

There are multiple products on the market designed to work with key cylinder window control, and all of them require a 'correct' sequence of events to occur before the windows will raise.  I find it interesting that DEI has gone a different route.

Kevin Pierson
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic