icon

My Loud Benz

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2007 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
8 cubic feet is a pretty massive box. It reminds me a lot of an enclosure that my friend had his 15" kicker L7 in the back of a mitsubishi montero. The fact that it is the same size, but you have it in a mercedes is quite breath taking. I hope you live in a good neighborhood because that is very obvious! Then again, I'm sure it weighs a ton so if somebody wanted it they aren't exactly going to be running away with it!!! Nice system for extreme bass. 
Do whatever makes you happy in life without diminishing the happiness of others
mbrad1019 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2007 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 15" L5 in the back of my 92 300E in a 4.45 cubic foot box and i also cut out a big donut hole in the back of mine but my car is a piece of doodie so i didn't even second think it and it sounds nice and loud but Mercedes are definitely not for loud sound systems
TeddyKGB 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
Did that box fit in your car or did you have to put it together inside the car? I dont even wanna know how it feels to be inside with that thing cranked up, must be intense. Your roof must vibrate from that beast. Cool setup.
2 Diamond Audio D3 12s
Hifonics ZXi1006 amp
MB quarts all around and a Panasonic up front.        You wanted to know don't lie...
JRoscoe 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2007 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
What up cloak!  ITs me from SMD!  I know how you feel with that gas tank!  Have the same problem in my 00 E320!
kassdog 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2007 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  

Sincee this has been bumped so much, any update on the new box.

cloak559 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2007 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
kassdog wrote:
Sincee this has been bumped so much, any update on the new box.

My Loud Benz - Page 2 -- posted image.

/UPDATE

'89 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Pioneer DEH-5900UB
(2)RE Audio SX 10"s
(1)US Amps MD3D
3ft^3 @ 37Hz
Blowing up in a car accident doesnt worry me, as long as I'm putting out some major dB's when I die...
ice32 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2007 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  
My Loud Benz - Page 2 -- posted image.
what happened?
JRoscoe 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2007 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
Awww nawwww man that suks
Clif 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2007 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  

cloak559 wrote:
still_walkin wrote:
put that sub inthe trunk its nice but when you out it in your trunk you wont have no more space. also i would recommend 0 guage and a bigger amp runnin mono later
2.)The RE Audio SX is rated at 1000wats rms, the US Amps XT-4000D does 986watts rms at 1ohm(that spec comes directly from the designer of the amp)...so that amp is plenty power.
3.)The maximum current draw of that amp is 75A, which is not enough to require a 1/0 power run....
Any other constructive criticism?

well if you do some simple math...

current draw at 75 amps x your in put volts (we will round to 14.4 volts) =  your MAX out put

75 x 14.4 = 1050 watts

now thats if your amps are running at 100% efficency. and we all know that will never happen  it is probly around 75  so  

so your max power is around 780 watts.    wither you where wrong on detrmining your amp draw or your amps are not pushing at all.   and  basic info  for you people who dont know about amps.  if your curious about an amps  max power.   look at the fuse rating.   times the fuse rating by your voltage (14.4)  and then by .75 for efficency.  this will give you a ball park of what your amp can do if it dont cut out or protection come on.

i really get annoyed by amps being way over rated.    so just do some simple math and you will know what it can do.

cliff

hmmm.... was that the right wire?
Clif 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2007 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
yea it seems like my spelling is just as bad as my grammar these days... :)
hmmm.... was that the right wire?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic