icon

2000 impala, alarm, keyless

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dustin23 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2007 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
i am a new member and i am looking for the location of the ignition wire harness to my 2000 chevy impala. can anyone help a rookie? thanks
dustin213
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2007 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  

This post has everything you need. The wiring diagram and how to get to the ignition wires without having to take out the radio

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=90086&KW=impala

goofyinstaller 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2007 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
on the driver side dash drop the panel at the bottom w/ the two clips, remove (2) 7mm screws on dash, remove the medal brace after that and follow from the key cylinder to the ignition harness....
GoofNut
dustin23 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2007 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
how do i remove that metal brace
dustin213
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 25, 2007 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  
If you lay your head down and look up into the metal brace (with a good light of course), it's fairly easy to see the four 10mm bolts you need to remove.......it's very, very easy, but you do need a long enough extension to reach up there.
And also, on the face of the metal brace, I'm sure you've already seen a few 7mm screws. I prefer to remove the four 10mm first, and I leave the little 7mm screws until last, so the brace won't fall on me while I'm working the 10mm.
Once you drop the brace, off to the right, all the ignition wires (and Passlock wires too) are covered in black fabric, and zip-tied in place.
Cut the zip ties, give the wires a tug, and they'll come out with just enough slack to work.
Right where you're going to work, the black plastic part of the underdash has a sharp ridge. I like to put a piece of duct tape there, to avoid cutting my hands.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2007 at 5:12 AM / IP Logged  
Just a point about reaching distant places, to avoid dropping bolts out of sockets, (think radio on RAV 4) put some insulating tape in socket then insert bolt.
dustin23 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
i now i have a resistor in my door lock switch in my 2000 chevy impala, but how do i measure the value of the resistor with my DDM to find the correct resistor that i would need to use in my alarm
dustin213
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 02, 2007 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
LOCK ORANGE / black Pin-B3 on C2 connector at BCM   - 
 This single wire doorlock system uses ground to unlock and ground through a 480-ohm resistor to lock. This wire is found at the BCM above the driver's kickpanel. See the DOORLOCK diagram for instructions.
 UNLOCK ORANGE / black Pin-B3 on C2 connector at BCM   - 
 This single wire doorlock system uses ground to unlock and ground through a 480-ohm resistor to lock. This wire is found at the BCM above the driver's kickpanel. See the DOORLOCK diagram for instructions.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 02, 2007 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
1. Set your meter to measure resistance, which is the Ohms setting. Your meter might also have the "omega" symbol instead of the word "ohms."
2. Put one wire from the meter to one side of the resistor, and put the other meter wire to the other side of the resistor.
3. Read the meter display, and you'll know what value your resistor is.
If it's a digital meter, also don't forget to pay attention to the decimal point on the display, and look for the little leter K at the bottom----the K signifies "thousand."
For example, if the display reads 1.234, and you see the K........ your resistor is one thousand, two hundred and thirty four ohms.
P.S. I find that on cars with resistor-based doorlocks, using the wrong resistor won't break anything.
I would first complete the rest of your installation, and leave the resistor for last. Make a temporary connection, try your remote, verify that it works, and then make permanent connections.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
Have done one and only alarm to a Voyager. Chris is assuming one knows where the resistor is located. I went for the locking switch in driver's door and got lucky. Given the right cable could could ypu also take a DMM and measure to either 12v + or ground to get a result? 
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic