icon

viper 791xv status output

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ynot80 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2007 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
It's been awhile since I've installed a Viper unit and my colors are alittle rusty . What wire on the unit do I use for status output to trigger my 555L . I thought it was a black wire but I'm seeing a blue/white wire and the book says it's the (-)200mA 2nd status/defogger . Just want to make sure this is the right wire I need . I dont think it is .
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 26, 2007 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
Check the install guide. I am not a DEI guy, but this wire might be programable. From what I remeber, the "status" wire (should be called ground while running) is blue?
Ynot80 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2007 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:
Check the install guide. I am not a DEI guy, but this wire might be programable. From what I remeber, the "status" wire (should be called ground while running) is blue?
There is a blue but it's in the ribbon cable that goes to the relay pack . There is no other wires I can see  listed other than a blue/white (-) status output/defogger and a WHITE/ blue (-)activation input . Which I know isnt it . That's why I assumed it was the blue/white wire .
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2007 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
I use the blue/white wire so it shouldn't be a problem.  You can use that and leave it on default which means do not change settings on alarm or use the little blue wire coming out of the relay pack  The alarm comes with a small little plug that goes in the behind of the relay pack.
Ynot80 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2007 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged  
enice wrote:
I use the blue/white wire so it shouldn't be a problem.  You can use that and leave it on default which means do not change settings on alarm or use the little blue wire coming out of the relay pack  The alarm comes with a small little plug that goes in the behind of the relay pack.
Cool . Thanks for the help . I appreciate it
Ynot80 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2007 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
ANother question . I got everything minus the shock sensor installed . Everything works except the remote start . IT acts like the signal was never received by the brain . The remote shows it transmits the signal but it doesnt show the brain receives it . I'm totally aggrevated with it right now . IT will not even attempt to start. Nothing clicks or anything with the unit .
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2007 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
Did you ground the BLACK/ white wire? Also did you learn your tach?
Ynot80 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2007 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
enice wrote:
Did you ground the BLACK/ white wire? Also did you learn your tach?
tach is good. It was the black white wire . I never grounded it . I'm so used to these plug and play units I do for the dealership I forgot all the little things with an aftermarket type unit lol . I felt really stupid once I figured it out . Oh well it's done now .
rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2007 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
make sure that your accessory, ignition , 12 v constant and ground are connected correctly. and that you have the correct brake wire, and the correct parking light wire. If you have an opposite polarity on one of those two (brake and parking light, RS will not work usually.0

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic