the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

haemphyst's new system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2007 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Well, I have redrawn my system... again! I think I have arrived at something that will be quite acceptable from a "Haemphyst" point-of view. 165A alternator, 2 red-tops, (2) 1F caps (I know... purchased before I knew...) (2) #4 wires to rear distribution, (1) #4 wire from rear battery, #4 wires to all amplifiers. Monster speaker cables, Streetwires ZN5 signal cables for highs, ZN3 for subwoofer signal. Geez, am I done with this damn thing yet?!?!
haemphyst's new system -- posted image.
If anybody has any suggestions for additional toys, or suggestions for re-alignment of components, let me know. The three way is staying in the doors, so those won't be touched, so any suggestions made affecting THAT part of the system will be disregarded! haemphyst's new system -- posted image. After making a trip to tcss's shop this weekend, and one of his LONG-time customers came in... (Martin-Logan elctrostats in his living room) The praise he fairly lavished on my doors was enough to make sure I touch them not... Time delay is a VERY good thing! That and steep crossover slopes! haemphyst's new system -- posted image. Bob, too, can vouch for that!
I am only using both heads, because it turns out that Metra now has a double-DIN kit for the '01 Civic. Nobody had one before, whenever I would try to see if such a device existed. That, and I am in L-O-V-E that new 001 unit from Alpine... iPod control is worthless to me, (I think Steve Jobs and Bill Gates will rot in hell at the left and right hands of Satan...) but the fact that it'll power and read ANY USB compliant device... NICENICE!!! I should have taken one home this weekend! dwarren? DYohn? Get one. Period. Don't listen to it, don't evaluate it... Just get one. I think Bob has them in stock! haemphyst's new system -- posted image.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2007 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
Looks great Dave, and thanks for the rec on the 001.  Does it have an HD Radio tuner?  Also be sure to let us know if the Alpine PDx amps sound as good as the Eclipse did!
Support the12volt.com
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2007 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
What happened to my pic? Looks like it was edited to be a link... it was already a link ;)   
And yes, HD ready. Here's it's home page! Siruis and XM ready... MANY goodies on that toy for the money! I'll REALLY be needing one of those.
haemphyst's new system -- posted image.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2007 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
165 Amp alt?    Of all people.   The biggest you can go buddy.   What car I will find you something bigger for probably the same price.
ditch the red top and go with a Blue.   In my experience they work much better for stricktly audio.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
haemphyst 
Posted: May 27, 2007 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
jeffchilcott wrote:
165 Amp alt?    Of all people.   The biggest you can go buddy.   What car I will find you something bigger for probably the same price.
ditch the red top and go with a Blue.   In my experience they work much better for stricktly audio.
That IS the biggest I can go! I'd drop a 300A large case GM in there if I could make it fit! haemphyst's new system -- posted image. It WAS a stock 75A, (cold rating I'm sure, probably 55A, hot) and I upgraded to that one! But if you can find something for an '01 Civic Coupe, lemme have it! Because of where the alternator is on the front of the engine, down low, and it's proximity to the AC compressor, no bigger case will go in the space, it's gotta be a re-worked stock case...
Jeff, Jeff, Jeff... didn't you read my diatribe on the virtues of red-top batteries? haemphyst's new system -- posted image. Here's one... Isn't the bluetop really just a deep-cycle battery, like the yellow?
Not only that, but I already HAVE the red-tops, and they're both effectively brand new, so the batteries won't be changed out RIGHT NOW... I will be considering new flavors with my next battery change, batcaps being the front-runners, right now.
rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2007 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
I have seen a 160 A alt for your honda online. and Im sure that Dom or the boys at Ohio Gen could whip something up for ya pretty easy. and whats the scoop on the 001. cause I just snagged the Eclipse CD8445 for my setup in my honda, and Im still figuring everything out. amazing tho.
The system looks great. But i think the Eclipse amps are far superior.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 27, 2007 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  

Dude, I jus wanna ride around listening to it...and looking at the California girls. 

That's all I have for you.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2007 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
See Hamfist Mobile. Ya all are welcome to visit and look at the " Poly Dollies".
There is no such thing as free installation!
haemphyst 
Posted: May 27, 2007 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
tcss wrote:
See Hamfist Mobile. Ya all are welcome to visit and look at the " Poly Dollies".
See... I live here, and while I get the "Poly Dollies", (that'd be the hotties that attend school at Cal Poly SLO - and there are PLENTY that enjoy the ogling, too, guys!) I am as in the dark as everybody ELSE re: the phrase "See Hamfist Mobile"
Bob, help me out here! What does this mean??
:::::EDIT:::::
Got it... Thanks, Bob!
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2007 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
Any time David my friend.
There is no such thing as free installation!
Page of 12

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic