icon

may set a new record

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
will_22_82 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
Got ya. But I heard also they use the wall behind the passenger side to tune the box. How is that done?
dstang24 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  

will_22_82 wrote:
hey jeff has scott had time to read my 2 e-mails I sent him?

I would be the one to ask this question.  Odds are that he hasn't.  We've been completely swamped this week at the shop and he's heading out with the trucks tomorrow.

Team Edge Audio
will_22_82 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  

k thanks

zacdavis 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
Listen bud, not being a jerk at all, but you need to go out and learn for yourself.
Many of us have put tons and tons of hours into builds, and testing. And when others come and think they'll just buy some equipment, have someone tell them how to build it, then take a few records...well, it kinda crappy for those of us who've spent so much of our own time figuring this stuff out.
Now, I'm not saying your doing that or trying to steal any ideas, you've only asked a couple simple questions and thats fine.
But what I am getting at is that if and when you come up with a design or build, on your own, that does huge numbers, not only will you have more respect from your peers, you'll have a much better sense of accomplishment as well.
Happy building.......keep us up to date with your progress.
And again, i'll say it, try tubes, trust me. quite affordable, very easy to change around for rebuilds and tweak n tuning, much easier than rebuilding entire walls. Mike Jones has done 172's or with only 2 subs using tubes, many of us have started using them in the stock division as well, with outstanding results.
But to each their, do it your way, build-test-tune-test, then start all over again. Make us proud :D
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with zacdavis. I have been following this thread and one thing that stands out to me is, a dealer/shop is doing this build so I've read, so I'm confused on why so many questions on all the details, doesn't the shop know what they are doing? With the amount of money going into this system, if it were me I would want somebody who knows all of this to be doing the work, not having to go ask strangers all these questions and tell the shop how to do it, but thats just me.
will_22_82 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2007 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
I have always went there ever since I got into speakers and such. As far as not knowing what they are doing. We would had put a wall with a port, console for pressure direction, etc. Noone should really put down someone for not knowing. They could had put together a box have everything done, and redesign, test, etc. They have a great understanding of enclosures. What if someone else went to a shop that had never done this type of build. Would you not have questions. I mean your putting money into it. Wouldn't you want to understand the whole pic or still putting the puzzle together. Honestly how many people here knows about the new age designs that are getting people from 170 to a 176 for example. It's not only a business relationship but a couple of guys saying hey we can do this to and put our spin on in. I'm not trying to rip deisgns from others. Where would be the competition in that?  Now knowing what we know we are going into the design well informed and can put in our 2 cents. I know other have used tubes to achieve numbers but thats already been done. What if we designed a 6th order box. I mean few to none have that. Most if not all are fourth. At this point I have learned that people are kind in sharing what they know and I am greatful for the knowledge they have shared. Even if your the best your still constantly trying to learn and experiment. Always saying....  maybe that'll work.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 22, 2007 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
This guy I know has this van...two 18's and a lil over 8000 watts
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/wrf01a/Van2.jpg
and
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/wrf01a/ThebigBox.jpg
hits in the hight 160s...he told me he could have gotten in the 170s easily but he miscalculated one measurement during the install. All he had to do was move the wall back about a foot or so I think and he would have been there.
This technique just used calculus.
you can use it for inspiration
will_22_82 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2007 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

Is that considered new age or conventional design? Does anyone else have anymore pics?

will_22_82 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2007 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
what would be the cubic feet for 6 gti 15" in a ported box. I would ask my dealer but I can't get a hold of him.
j_darling2007 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2007 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?pageid=winisdpro
There are 3 kinds of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't
Page of 12

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic