the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

need a wiring diagram for 07 ion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fosgate3 
Copper - Posts: 328
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2007 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  

It's not in the12volt database. I'm trying to put in a remote start alarm (Code Alarm CA670). The car has power locks/windows, auto trans. 2007 Saturn Ion3 Sedan.

thanks ahead of time.

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 6:50 AM / IP Logged  
Here is what Audiovox lists:
     WIRE          COLOR          POLARITY          LOCATION     
     Battery          RED          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
               THIS WIRE IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE - EITHER RUN A CONSTANT POWER WIRE TO THE BATTERY OR FIND ANOTHER SOURCE.     
     Ignition 1          BLUE          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
     All Door Trigger          BROWN / WHITE          (-)          AT SWITCH AT EITHER FRONT DOOR     
     Domelight Super          BROWN / WHITE          (-)          AT SWITCH AT EITHER FRONT DOOR     
     LF Latch          LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK          (-)          AT BCM MODULE UNDER CENTER CONSOLE NEAR CENTER OF DASH     
               PIN #45     
     RF Latch          LIGHT BLUE          (-)          AT BCM MODULE UNDER CENTER CONSOLE NEAR CENTER OF DASH     
               PIN #44     
     LR Latch          LIGHT BLUE          (-)          AT BCM MODULE UNDER CENTER CONSOLE NEAR CENTER OF DASH     
               PIN #44     
     RR Latch          LIGHT BLUE          (-)          AT BCM MODULE UNDER CENTER CONSOLE NEAR CENTER OF DASH     
               PIN #44     
     Trunk Trigger          DARK GREEN          (-)          AT BCM MODULE UNDER CENTER CONSOLE NEAR CENTER OF DASH     
               PIN #35     
     Parking Lights          BROWN          (+)          AT BCM MODULE UNDER CENTER CONSOLE NEAR CENTER OF DASH     
               PIN #5     
     Convenience                                        
     Headlights-Lo          PINK/WHITE          (+)          AT BCM MODULE UNDER CENTER CONSOLE NEAR CENTER OF DASH     
               PIN #23     
     Headlights-Hi          PINK          (+)          AT BCM MODULE UNDER CENTER CONSOLE NEAR CENTER OF DASH     
               PIN #7     
     LF Pk Lt Bulb          BROWN          (+)          AT FRONT LEFT PARKING LIGHT     
     RF Pk Lt Bulb          BROWN          (+)          AT FRONT RIGHT PARKING LIGHT     
     LR Pk Lt Bulb          BROWN          (+)          AT REAR LEFT PARKING LIGHT     
     RR Pk Lt Bulb          BROWN          (+)          AT REAR RIGHT PARKING LIGHT     
     Remote Start                                        
     Battery          RED          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
               THIS WIRE IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE - EITHER RUN A CONSTANT POWER WIRE TO THE BATTERY OR FIND ANOTHER SOURCE.     
     Ignition 1          BLUE          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
     Accessory 1          BROWN          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
     Anti-Theft Type          GM PASSLOCK II® ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM     
     Anti-Theft Descript          THE BCM MODULE MUST SEE A SPECIFIC RESISTANCE VALUE BEFORE THE VEHICLE WILL START PROPERLY     
     Speed Sense          VIOLET          (AC)          AT BCM MODULE UNDER CENTER CONSOLE NEAR CENTER OF DASH     
               PIN #50     
     Parking Lights          BROWN          (+)          AT BCM MODULE UNDER CENTER CONSOLE NEAR CENTER OF DASH     
               PIN #5     
     Horn          BLACK          (-)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
     Modules                                        
     WIRE          LOCATION                         
     Please select another category
     Doorlocks/Windows                                        
     Power Unlock          WHITE          (-)          AT BCM MODULE UNDER CENTER OF DASH AT FRONT OF CONSOLE     
               PIN #33      
     PowerLock          WHITE          (-)          AT BCM MODULE UNDER CENTER OF DASH AT FRONT OF CONSOLE     
               PIN #33     
     Driver Mtr Unlock          TAN          (REV)          AT MOTOR IN DOOR     
     Driver Mtr Lock          GRAY          (REV)          AT MOTOR IN DOOR     
     Pas Mtr Unlock          TAN          (REV)          AT MOTOR IN DOOR     
     Pas Mtr Lock          GRAY          (REV)          AT MOTOR IN DOOR     
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
Fosgate3 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks. I read in other places on other sites that a 456LW is needed for the locks to work right with the keyless. I've seen this module be called a 456L and 456LW and I dont know if there's a difference... regardless though, is a module needed for the locks? It looks like a negative trigger system.

I'm using a 555L module for the passlock bypass.

rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
NO difference between the 456L and LW, only referrs to the packaging. Lock is a neg trigger, unlock is a neg trigger through 1.5k ohm resistor.
Fosgate3 
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
use 1.5k res on just the unlock or both lock and  unlock?
Fosgate3 
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
also, what tolerance on the resistor?
rudydapimp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2007 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
no, lock is a neg trigger./      unlock is a neg trigger through a 1.5k resistor. probably within 50 either way. can snag some at radioshack too
Fosgate3 
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the help on the locks. I got them done.

The last thing I'm working on is the remote start. I'm using a DEI 555L bypass. It's pretty self explanatory but yet, the car is being troublesome. I found the resistance wire and the ground reference wire under the steering column. The resistence wire is white and the ground reference is white with black. When I connected the 555L to the wires (solid black going to the ground-ref; BLACK/ yel going to the res.wire away from the ignition switch; yel going to the res.wire going to the ignition switch) and tried to let the module "learn" the resistence, the car wouldnt start. I disconnected what I had and reconnected it back to factory and the car started fine. Since I used info from DEI regarding which whire was which, I used a DMM to see for myself at this point. The resistance wire was reading ground instead of what was supposed to be the ground reference wire. So, I swapped the things around, using the WHITE/ black as the resistance (instead of the white) and the white as the ground reference (instead of the WHITE/ black). When I did that, the chime started going off as soon as the first connection to what was being considered the ground reference wire (the white wire) was made.

So, what am I doing wrong?

On this 555L btw, there is a blue wire called the "negative status" wire that was supposed to connect to the negative status output of the alarm. My alarm is a Code Alarm CA670... I was thinking that was the negative armed output (the orange wire)?

rudydapimp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
on the 2003 up saturn, you need to do an extra step. and you use the blue/black on the 670. see info https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=643
Fosgate3 
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

When I mentioned the blue wire at the end of my post, I meant the blue/black. What does it connect to?

Thanks for pointing me in that direction. Do you think that having the pink wire of the 555L connected to the ignition1 all the time is causing it not to start though? What I mean is that the car is not starting with the 555L installed--that is, with the exception of the blue/black connected to some other wire other than the orange wire of the 670. With it connected to the armed neg output (the orange wire) and all the wires connected as directed (except for that pink wire which I had connected to the ignition 1 with the main ignition1 wire of the 670), the car will not turn over.

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic