icon

need a wiring diagram for 07 ion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
the status wire from 555l goes to the blue/black on the 670. yes, hook the pink from 555l to the pink from the pink/white ignition 2 on the 670.
Fosgate3 
Copper - Posts: 328
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2007 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
Cool. I'll do that and hopefully it will start this time! I'll post more tomorrow. thanks Rudy. I'd
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2007 at 2:02 AM / IP Logged  
FUNCTIONDATACOLORLOCATIONPOLARITYPICTURE
+12 VOLTSREDBELOW STEERING COLUMN+ need a wiring diagram for 07 ion - Page 2 -- posted image.
Comments: Do not use 12-volt coming from ignition harness. Use 12-volt from power steering module.
IGNITIONBLUEIGNITION HARNESS+ need a wiring diagram for 07 ion - Page 2 -- posted image.
ACCESSORYBROWNIGNITION HARNESS+ need a wiring diagram for 07 ion - Page 2 -- posted image.
STARTERN/ASEE NOTESSEE NOTES 
Comments: No connection, when accessory shuts down, vehicle cranks by itself. PASSLOCK II new generation.
TACHOMETERWHITECOILAC need a wiring diagram for 07 ion - Page 2 -- posted image.
PARKING LIGHTSBROWNHEADLIGHT SWITCH+ need a wiring diagram for 07 ion - Page 2 -- posted image.
BRAKESWITCHLIGHT BLUEDRIVER'S KICK PANEL+ need a wiring diagram for 07 ion - Page 2 -- posted image.
CLUTCH BYPASSYELLOWCLUTCH SWITCH+ 
Comments: Direct feed system.
PARKING BRAKELIGHT BLUEPARKING BRAKE SWITCH- 
LOCKWHITEHARNESS COMING FROM DRIVER'S DOOR- need a wiring diagram for 07 ion - Page 2 -- posted image.
UNLOCKSEE NOTESHARNESS COMING FROM DRIVER'S DOORMULTIPLEX need a wiring diagram for 07 ion - Page 2 -- posted image.
Comments: Same wire as lock. To unlock, ground through 1000 ohms resistor.
TRUNK RELEASEBLACK/ WHITEAT SWITCH+ need a wiring diagram for 07 ion - Page 2 -- posted image.
ARMARMS WITH OEM REMOTE ONLYNOT AVAILABLEN/A 
DISARMDISARM WITH IGNITIONNOT AVAILABLEN/A 
Comments: No external disarm capability but will disarm on his own upon remote start.
HORNBLACKSTEERING COLUMN HARNESS- 
DOORPINSEPARATE DOORPINDRIVER'S KICK PANEL- 
LEFT FRONT DOORPINLIGHT GREEN/ BLACKDRIVER'S KICK PANEL- 
PASSENGER'S DOORPINSLIGHT BLUEDRIVER'S KICK PANEL- 
TRUNK PINORANGE / BLACKTRUNK LIGHT- 
PASSLOCK DATAWHITEIGNITION HARNESSMULTIPLEX need a wiring diagram for 07 ion - Page 2 -- posted image.
PASSLOCK GROUNDWHITE/ BLACKIGNITION HARNESSSEE NOTES need a wiring diagram for 07 ion - Page 2 -- posted image.
Comments: This wire is not a ground but a 5-volt reference.
WIPER INTERRUPTIONYELLOWWIPER SWITCH+ WITH IGNITION ON 
REAR DEFROSTLIGHT BLUEAT SWITCH- 
dragon
Fosgate3 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2007 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  

Okay: everything is connected as it should be:

• the red wire of the 555L is going to 12v constant
  • the status wire from the 555L is going to the blue/black on the 670
  • the pink wire from the 555L is going to the pink/white (ignition2 output) on the 670
  • the yellow wire on from the 555L is going to the key side of the white resistance wire
  • the BLACK/ yel wire from the 555L is going to the BCM side of the white resistence wire 
  • the black wire from the 555L is going to the WHITE/ bl ground reference wire

The car will not start with the 555L connected. If the yel and blk/yel wires of the 555L are removed and the car's wires are returned to factory, the car will start w/o any problems. 

What now? Think the 555L is faulty?

rudydapimp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2007 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
did you go through all of the steps to learn the resistance?? here, put the key into the ignition, unplug the 555L connector. try to remote start the car. what happens???
Fosgate3 
Posted: June 07, 2007 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
I tried to go through the steps: the 555L's manual states that to learn the resistance, you have to start the car and let it run for at least 5 secs... but I cant start it at all with the 555L in place.
rudydapimp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2007 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
thats odd, never seen that before. gotta have something messed up in wiring.
Did you unhook the 555 and try to remote start the car with key in ignition??
Fosgate3 
Posted: June 07, 2007 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  

It gets odder:

I just went out to see if the remote start will function with the key in the ignition, w/o the 555L connected. I disconnected the 555L's yel and blk/yel wires from the white resistence wire and just left the white wire disconnected (so the plock resistence wire is not connected). I tried to start the car with the key and surprisingly, it started up! I wasn't expecting that. I completely disconnected the 555L (unplugged it's harness) and the car still started with the key, w/o the resistence wire connected. I tried the remote start w/ and w/o the key and it did not work.

I'm not familiar with the new way GM does the starting--the "watching for a drop in the accessory power" thing. Because there arent any starter wires, the 670's starter wires arent being used. Of course, neither are the Acc2 and Ignition2 (except with the 555L as instructed).

rudydapimp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2007 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
zre you sure that you have the correct passlock wires???
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2007 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
need a wiring diagram for 07 ion - Page 2 -- posted image.
dragon
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic