Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2007 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
purple from the CA670
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2007 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

its has no starter wire the vehicle will start when the remote starters accessory  wire shut down for crank (do not connect  your remote starters wire output to anything.

dragon
Fosgate3 
Copper - Posts: 328
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2007 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  

In an 07 Saturn Ion3, I'm installing a Code Alarm CA670. I have everything working on it so far, just finishing with the remote start. Now, the concern I face is the factory alarm system unlocks the doors when the Code remote start feature is turned off via the remote.

I've read through the entries that come up when searching but I havent found one that deals with connecting the alarm's negative pulse wire to the locking system. The Code has a blk/red wire on a small 4pin harness, that is supposed to provide a negative pulse after the remote start shutdown. The thing of it is, is that the installation manual doesnt indicate where to connect this wire to (or least I havent found it yet). Additionally, the manual suggests this wire can also be used to send a pulse to the door trigger so to turn off the accessories after the RS is deactivated.

So, how do go about wiring this and is this the best method for accomplishing these tasks? I initially thought that all I would need to do would be to connect the blk/red wire to the green negative lock wire on the alarm but that didnt do anything.

thanks ahead of time!

Fosgate3 
Copper - Posts: 328
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2007 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  

Just wanted everyone to know that I got this going with a PLJX module from bypasskits. I didnt program it right the first go around but I did it over today and it works well. I have an issue with controlling the locks after I disable the RS remotely but I put that in a new post.

Thanks to everyone who helped me on this.

Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic